Another sleep post!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi there...me again about sleep! The bane of my life!

Before I buy/try yet another product to help with my insomnia (of years) I thought I'd ask any ladies for their experiences.

In a previous post, two ladies recommended using 5 htp, which I was a little scared of buying, but their advice has made me reconsider...

If anyone has used this product, I'd love to hear their opinion, please...

The powdered mg citrate doesn't seem to be making any difference to my sleepsad(

Thank you jx

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jane,  Well I am sleeping better than I was, that is around 6 hours a night before waking, previously I spend more time awake than asleep.  I started taking mega B complex vitamins, naturapath told me to double the dose on the bottle, only take first thing in the morning as they can keep you awake.  No caffeine after mid day.  Has also helped with night sweats.  Every one is different, have to find the thing that works for you, which usually means lots of experimenting and alas, lots of wasted money.  Best of luck with it all.

• Posted

Thank you

I used to take Vit B complex 50mg (in the morning) but was told that taking higher was very dangerous?

So gave my body a break!

When you say high...how much please?

Jx

• Posted

B12 is soluble so what your body doesnt need it will eliminate via the kidneys , so i take a 1000mcg of b12 plus a normal vit b complex tablet in the mornings along with a magnesium supplement.
    • Posted

Hi davida...I'd love 6 hours unbroken sleep!

Can I ask the dosage of your B complex please? Mine was 50mg.

I, too, don't have coffee after midday and have tried many natural remedies plus good sleep hygeine!

Thought powdered mg (as opposed to the chelated I took) may be my saviour...but no!

Thank you jx

• Posted

Good Morning Jane,

The B vitamin I am taking is a mega complex and the dosage I am currently on is

B1 - 100mg, B2 - 50mg, B3 - 100mg, B5 - 100mg, B6 - 100mg, B12 - 100mcg, C - 200mg, Biotin - 100mcg, Folic acid - 400mcg, Inisotol - 100Mcg, Gholine Bitartrate - 100mcg.  Really hope this helps you out.

Davida xx

• Posted

Davida

Thank you... Is this dosage in one pill and 100mg must be safe if a naturalist advised?

Jx

• Posted

Hi Jane, that is in 2 pills, halve it one pill quanitity.  I am not experiencing any side effects but have improved my sleep situation and anxiety has improved marginally too.  Has also helped with the aches I was getting all the time.  I was only taking one a day but naturapath at local pharmacy told me to take 2.  Is working for me.
    • Posted

Thank you davida

I'll look into it...see what I can find available in uk.

My only hesitation is...I read that taking very high Vit b's can lead to numbing and other side affects with continual use?

More researching!

Jx

• Posted

Hi Jane, I wasn't aware of those side effects.  I have always been told that Vitamin B is one of those vitamins that your body will expell when it has enough.  So far, so good for me but maybe I have been deficient.  Vitamin B12 is given as an injection here in Australia for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which often has sleep probs associated with it.  Anyway, look into it.  Problem is there is so much conflicting information out there that you don't know what to believe.  Good Luck with it all. xx

• Posted

Hi

I used 5htp, took one a day before bed and it really helped for a while but when I started getting dizzy and more anxious my GP put me on antidepressants Sertraline which helps with the anxiety,much better than I was but when I have a dizzy spell it flares up again, but I did find 5htp helpful,some people say you get vivid dreams with them but I was fine x

• Posted

Thank you for reply Lisa...I've been a bit frightened of taking 5htp, sounded too invasive...but not much else to trial anymore! Jx
  • Posted

Janeben

when I have trouble sleeping I take Evening Primose 1000 mg a couple hours before bedtime and it helps me. My gyno recommended it years ago for PMS. It's for womens health. The bottle says to take 3x's a day but since I don't suffer from PMS anymore I take it when I can't sleep. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Nancy

Thanks for suggestion.  I take 1000mg of Starflower daily, which is a stronger version of EPO.

I've never been a great sleeper but it's getting ridiculous nowadays...probably past stresses/anxiety...out of sync etc

Jx

• Posted

Maybe try camomile tea?
    • Posted

Taking camomile tea helps me sleep throughout the night.  I drink a cup an hour before bed and sleep through the night.  When I don't drink it, I don't sleep as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.