Another sleep post!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi there...me again about sleep! The bane of my life!

Before I buy/try yet another product to help with my insomnia (of years) I thought I'd ask any ladies for their experiences.

In a previous post, two ladies recommended using 5 htp, which I was a little scared of buying, but their advice has made me reconsider...

If anyone has used this product, I'd love to hear their opinion, please...

The powdered mg citrate doesn't seem to be making any difference to my sleepsad(

Thank you jx

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I too have chronic insomnia and have suffered this over the last 5 years. Found out last year that it is peri related. I'm curious about this 5htb supplement as I have not heard about it before. I have succumbed to taking sertraline and zoplicone which I really am not happy about. It seems to be the go to drug that doctors prescribe, but I worry about the sleeping tablets. I am going to read up more about this 5htp, I'm sure it's better than relying on hard core sleeping drugs! 
    • Posted

Hi, yes, my GP prescribed Valium which I wouldn't take...

I'm quite a "natural" person, so try to find natural remedies and was a little concerned about 5htp...but I am considering it now.

Any experiences very welcome !

Jx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.