Another Solution

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have just purchased from the Optician on his recommendation Sterilid Eyelid Cleanser by Thera Tears I have used it for about a week and I am  finding it helpful  I had tried many of the other remedies here but did not feel confident as many are not meant to be used on the eyes  This has tree oil in it and has been made for eye-use. 

Can anyone suggest what can soften eyelashes the one eye I have bad blepharitis in my eyelashes are harder and stiffer than on the other eye and that seems to part of the problem as well.   Carol

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I don't know about your eye lash'es, I just started using no tears baby shampoo and tea tree oil. One drop of oiland a squirtt of the shampoo to wash my face with eyes closed. We'll see. smile Dena
  • Posted

I don't know about softening eyelashes but suspect that it is not the lashes themselves that are the problem but what is happening from glands.

Cleansing becomes so important!  I didn't take care of my eyes 4+ times a day and two days later.  This AM I am finding a little of the black I have read

about.  

Read the last posts of yesterday which were superb about cleansing and eye care.

• Posted

what about cliadex? that has tea tree,anyone just try those?
  • Posted

I haven't tried or heard of Ciadex (Others have mentioned it)  and I will ask my GP.  There's lots to follow up!)and do know that Tea Tree Oil is useful for eyes.  I have tried a drop of tea tree oil in a cup of water and it appeared helpful.  A small Boots store in the UK didn't have any other.  i am still using Blephasol for cleaning and have also started with cleaning with baby shampoo.  Try also to use the warm water pads with the tea tree oil.

Do you know how you contracted this Blepharitis. Have you been around children, animals, hotels, motels that also have guests with dogs or other animals.  We just must find the cause and help others and ourselves.

Is someone on this site good with computers and can draw up a survey.  I'm sure we all would help!

• Posted

omg,i was in a hotel and 2 days later i began with the symptoms. the only problem with that theory is no one else got it from the hotel. hmmmm    they did allow pets as well.
    • Posted

i was thinking mites,because my glands are ok and if it were staph,i think i would have puss,who knows going to the best dr in area monday,we will see
    • Posted

That is one theory we need to be checking thoroughly.  You may be more susceptible or your friends symptoms have not appeared.  How long ago was the hotel visit? Perhaps a hotel towel or pillow may have been affected.  I think we need to keep this string alive and start adding up the apparent or possible causes.  How is your sclap...Itchy or any lumps or sores?  We've got to start somewhere!  How is your overall health?  It doesn't appear that age matters.
    • Posted

avey,i started a thread called common triggers,how was yours started?
    • Posted

Susan, I'm  willing to go along with anything to solve this problem of what initiated blepharitis.  To me though a trigger is not the cause.  You are right triggers are a good start. How do I read your post on triggers. Will other people be able to respond to the site?

I don't know exactly what my new trigger is but it could be eye pencil of a few days ago. It could also be a new type of glow powder bought at Earl's Court.  This reminded me that when I was in the ME. there was make-up made from Dead Sea materials and I read a report that stated even though the Dead Sea was consdered dead it was not dead and there were tiny microscopic organisms living in it. We were told it was not best to use cosmetics.  Also in the Dead Sea we can see the moving areas of darker materials.  Then it brings me to what about the 'natural powders' or powders from nature which could contain something else.  

So, then what are causes and what are triggers going back to my earlier post.  I know that I have extreme dry eye which makes dry rooms and climes making me more susceptible to any exacerbations.

Other people may have other ideas of cause and of triggers.  Much to be looked at and surely some or al possibly known or even disqualified.  Can you help here?  That's why I though of some type of question and answer form.

Thanks Susan

How do I access your thread?

• Posted

AVEY,WE MAY NEVER UNDERSTAND WHAT CAUSES THIS OR WHAT WAS THE POINT IN OUR LIVES THAT BROUGHT THIS UPON US,BUT WHAT I CAN TELL YOU IS THIS,ITS THERE,AND NEEDS TO BE DEALT WITH IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE TO ALLOW US TO CONTINUE WITH LIFE. I NOR YOU MAY NEVER FIGURE IT OUT BUT WHAT WE CAN DO IS DEAL WITH IT AND MOVE FORWARD THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE. THE THREAD IS ON HERE JUST SEARCH IT AND YOU WILL FIND,IT SAYS COMMON TRIGGERS,smile
  • Posted

Yes, I have used Sterilid every night for 3 years.  It does help, I guess, but I still have flare ups and they are still red and thickened.  Believe me, I have tried everything.  Maybe it will be more helpful for you.
  • Posted

My opthamologist just said to try Cliradex....so trying to find other people who have used it also.  It's expensive.  I may try Sterilid eyelid cleanser.  Does it seem to be working for you?  

Karen

• Posted

i want to try it too,im just getting a second opinion before i buy anything,just to make sure this is what i have,i heard of eye ezema as well,let me know if you try them,i will know monday what is a definite
  • Posted

I found it to be too harsh plus I saw no drastic improvement at all. I do use Sterilid cleanser every night.
    • Posted

I too find Cliradex very strong....stings badly.  Haven't used it long enough to know if its working or not. Onlly been about a week.  Still crusty in the morning and I get the white strings too.  I will use Cliradex as they are expensive but if no better will try the Sterilid cleanser.  Does it come in cream or in a wipe ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.