Another tale of Perimenopause ! In a panic help

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi again ladies, trying not to cry while I am writing this..I am 50 years old and every month during my mid cycle, ovulation time I am a panicky nervous wreck.  Filled with dread and anxiety galore. I am also completely exhausted.  I have two children who need me and I am so scared that I am sick.  Is this really hormones? I just need some help right now...feeling alone and desperate..crysad

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer. I am a 41 year old going through Peri and I have had the exact symptoms as you are having so no you're not alone! I take a woman's one a day vitamin and 2000 mg of vitamin D for the fatigue and had to see a psychiatrist for a mild anxiety med. I have been symptom free for over six months now . I hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Hi Unico! I haven't seen you on here in a while. That's great to hear that you've been doing better. So, the vitamin D helped with the fatigue? Wow! I need to try that. Which anti-anxiety med did they prescribe?

• Posted

Dear Jennifer

Please dont panic, it's all natural in peri/meno it really plays with your mind, the panic anxiety plus all the physical symptoms which will come and go! To me the mental symptoms were the worse, the health anxiety thinking I was dying with every new symptom! And the panic attacks out of nowhere and the anxiety in general!! Hold tight, it does pass but might rear it's ugly head occasionally! Xx

• Posted

Thanks for sharing pink cat fairy

It really helps to have other ladies keep confirming that this is normal in peri and that others have dealt with the health anxiety too!! It truly is the worst for me. I am waiting on ultrasound results right now and it is no fun.

• Posted

Understand. Hve young son who needs me too, in same boat. Multiple docs, no answers and I'm not taking addictive prescription drugs! That would make matters much worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.