Anterior/posterior repair - really fed up !!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi there

I am 5 weeks post op for anterior/posterior repair and had both ovaries/tubes removed by laparoscopy.

I think it would be fair to say I had focused more on the laparoscopy and had just agreed to have the prolapse repair done whilst I was there so to speak. This lead to me not being prepared at all for the last 5 weeks ! Laparoscopy !? What laparoscopy !? All I have been aware of has been the aftermath of the repair surgery which I now understand to be counted as 'major' surgery !!!

So how is everyone else after 5 weeks !? I did see my consultant last week who says everything is absolutely how it should be but I am still sooooo sore !! If my husband takes me out for a coffee I have to choose the place based on their chairs !! Can't sit normally for too long but equally can't stand for too long and find my walking capacit is about 20-30 minutes before it gets too uncomfortable or I get a dragging feeling. Also still getting very tired ! And bowels - still don't feel in control ! On movicol and lactulose just to keep everything moving but still think I have a bit to go with that side of things ! Just hoping it's because of the soreness and swelling !!

Going to try and drive this week - consultant said to leave it another week when I saw him because of how swollen I still was but can't see me doing any harm with the repair driving more a comfort thing.

I know we all have restrictions on lifting and certain housework chores but how about walking a dog !? He is a 7 month old puppy who does pull on the lead but would that cause me any damage !?

Any advice would be fantastic.

0 likes, 107 replies

107 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had the same experience and walking a dog is not a good idea as that is a strain. You don't want to undo what was done. I am 8 weeks post op and still have some pain and pressure and am still on Miralax and a fiber pill. I too have trouble sitting for long or standing for very long, so I wonder too how long this goes on. Hope you get better soon. I see my Dr. in two weeks and have a lot of questions.
    • Posted

I am being very good ! Still haven't walked the dog I have a friend turning up in about half an hour for us to go out with him and her own dog ! Very frustrating tho :-( Sorry to hear you are still feeling sore ! It is definitely less of an issue on sitting now that does seem to be a lot a better and walking I can do a fair bit of now but standing still - I think I last about 5 mins until it starts to ache !!! It is a waiting game ! We all heal slightly differently at different rates but I am confident we will all get there.

As for BMs !! That's my only concern but again just trying to be sensible on what I'm eating still on the movilax and docusate and doing my pelvic floor exercise !!!

I go back to my consultant at 8 weeks - I think I too will have lots of questions !!! Haha !!! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.