Anterior rectocele help please

Posted , 4 users are following.

just had a defecating proctogram today I have anterior rectocele I get obstructed defecation and rectal pain I don’t want repair with any mesh I am 12 weeks post hysterectomy my Urogynecolog has referred me to colorectal and I also have inguinal hernia...any success out there please I am due to go in next Thursday but have to meet up with consultant again on Tuesday help needed 

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Karen, I to do not want the operation  (especially the mesh and horror story's, so for my rectocele and pelvic floor, my physiotherapist  had suggested  a Neuro Trac device similar to the kegal  which I have purchased, this device does the pelvic floor excercises for you. I have been doing them for 1 month and I  fill much better it helps with the rectocele too, and  I am really  taking notes on what the rectocele is all about and yes it is all about  drinking lots of water, the first drink in the morning, while the kettle is boiling for a up of tea is half a pint of water, and then Your choice of fibre to get the ball rolling, because I know how you feel if it does not happen I feel loaded in the bum area

and it can take a  while  sometimes to shift. But I am under the physiopherapist  now so just seen her yesterday, and she has reassured me everything is going right, this time after telling her about the load, she has showed me how to do the brace and bulge for when going to the toilet. It has take me a year to get where I am know, going through some horrible moments mentally , to the point of dispair , but now working with the physiopherapist  I am happy to give it a good go. I don,t know how old you are, but I am76 but till this problem I was a keen golfer and just enjoyed life, I now am doing some golf and getting to deal with my problems, so if you don,t want the op. Just give it your best go, before thinking of the opp, that's my opinion .

• Posted

Thank you for your reply I’m 55 and feeling fed up right now...I will have a look for the device, I have had biofeedback and have been using a squatty potty for a while to no avail 
    • Posted

Hi hun

I do know that once the rectocele is a certain stage no exercise or devise will really change it. I don't want to sound negative but I do know how it all works and sometimes we do have to result to surgery to get our quality of life back.

My proff consultant told me that we should be doing manual exercises ourself but the devices are good to use alongside doing our own sqeezes. I would giggle recommend movicol to keep bowels moving and soft. It's not a purge just a gentle osmotic affect being water into colon for a soft bowel motion.

Hun life is hard enough to deal with without all these issues. Do your research and make best choice for you.. 😘😘

• Posted

Hello, yes my physiopherapist told me to do the excercises  along side, and getting to understand what I need to move only in the exercise  so I hope when I go and see her in a month she can tell. I do have only a very small rectocele, that I hope and pray will get better with out the surgury.my water works I can control with the help of a tena lady pad. My heart goes out to Karen , at her age , she has lots of things to enjoy in her life, my friend as just had the surgery, and said for me to go for it, so it  a choice you only can make. 
    • Posted

Hi Valerie I’m going to see my dr on Tuesday before he does my hernia op on Thursday but unless he can preform a miracle and give me pain free surgery for rectum then I will just have my hernia repair as it’s supposed to be more painful as I am not having mesh for it couldn’t cope with the pain from both areas at the same time. I had a bad experience after my laparoscopic hysterectomy 12 weeks ago I passed out the following day and was rushed back into theatre with a bleed 5 pints of blood transfusion ended up in icu so really scared for Thursday 
    • Posted

Hi Karen

Is it a rectal prolapse you have where the tisdu e pokes out of anus?

I have heard those ops are very painful with not many guarantee they cure it.

I do hope your ok love.😘

• Posted

Hi Valerie

My consultant will not do back wall repairs unless really necessary and mostly in older ladies as the vagina gets smaller with this op.

I don't have any leakage but if I did and exercise didn't work is have the op as I'm a young 50😁😁😁. Such awful stuff for us woman to deal with.x

• Posted

Yes I believe so that’s why it will be a last resort had rectocele repair vaginally last time and that was bad enough 
    • Posted

I pray you heal quickly and with no issues.. It's not fair what we hAve to deal with.

I'm sure you surgeon will know the past path for you.😘😘

• Posted

Hope so it’s hard to trust them sometimes as they have never had these operations 
    • Posted

Are you seeing a highly skilled corectual surgeon? Like a urogynavologist they must be skilled in that field?xx
    • Posted

Yes he has an excellent reputation my urogynaecologist sent me to him as he does hernia repairs as well as colorectal as I don’t think gyni will repair this but I am going to get another opinion before rushing in I think this one is private 
    • Posted

Well done hun your doing right thing.more opinions the bettter informed you will be.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.