Anterior repair coming up!! Petrified😕

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi ladies, after following this great forum I was wondering if

After the repair you suffer from any particular pain? I've read with p repair you have buttock pain. Also do everyone suffer with Uti

After this op? Could anyone put my mind arrest ad I'm getting

Myself worked up over it.thankyou ladies.x

0 likes, 96 replies

96 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Welsh girl I had a@p repair had some discomfort but taking regular painkillers keeps pain at bay , u must rest tho it's important and helps with recovery , also first few BM can be very painful but plenty of softeners shud help
  • Posted

I was hardly in any pain. Nurofen or paracetamol was enough for me. Bleeding lasted about a week but was very light.

Took around 5 weeks to feel more like myself again.

My issues have been very unusual over the past few weeks and no one can work out why. You have probably read the long post I had up about the vulva/vaginal entrance ulcers I developed.

Please don't worry, I expect that lots of people sail through their operation and don't even come on here.

• Posted

I had a hysterectomy, vaginal suspension and rectocele surgery, all done robotically in the US. I expected pain, but surprisingly had none. I couldn't believe it. I took one pain pill for cramps on day 2. Now I know we are all different. I was one of the lucky ones. I know there are many on here with issues. My only issue has been bladder leakage after one month. Another surgery may be in order as they couldn't use mesh on me because of prednizone use for POLYMYALGIA rheumatica. I'm taking 5 mg. perhaps this helped me post op, I don't know. I'm hoping for an alternative to mesh. I see him next week.
    • Posted

Thanks Pam for your reply.. I wish you all the best hun.its tough being us isn't it.x
  • Posted

Hi I had a posterior repair done 22nd Dec..I didn't hardly have any pain just discomfort but it's easily controlled with pain killers..I didn't bleed at all so I was lucky..the biggest thing I found that it totally wears you out..just make sure you eat plenty of fibre to keep your bm good and soft lol and just make sure you don't pick anything heavy n plenty of rest.there is nothing to worry about you will be fine good luck 😊
    • Posted

Yes hun I do.my husband is taking 2 weeks off work.my children are grown up well saying that lol 20 and nearly 18, so it should all be fine.I intend to relax and rest up.xx
    • Posted

Sorry didn't finish my eldest daughters daughter my youngest lives at home still x
    • Posted

I hope I don't suffer with leakage afterwards.don't have it know.but some cash can't they?
    • Posted

Hi welshgirl67 I'm ok thank you..lovely of you to ask..how are you xx
  • Posted

Welsh girl,  Don't be afraid of the pain.  I had very little, and after 9 weeks post op, my cystocele returned to a stage 3.  I would have rather had the pain, and not have to have it all done again soon.  Chose your doctor carefullyl. Be sure you have a urogynecologist.  I didn't,but will on my next repair in April.  Good luck
    • Posted

Thankyou all so much for your replies. I really do appreciate all your time and kindness . feel much better☺ xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.