Anterior repair in 1 week

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies, had most of you will know I have my repair with stitches

Week on Monday. I'm not comfortable taking any painkillers other

Than paracetamol and that's s push.I've never needed NY painkillers

Much in my life,which is a good thing, but I was wondering if the pain

Be easily controlled with paracetamol? I can't stomach anything else.

Any other advice ladies would be great ad I'm starting to think what's

Ahead. I want it here now o I can get back to normal.thankyou to all

The lovely friends I've made on here.😘😘😘😘

0 likes, 63 replies

63 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI Welshgirl,  I was in your position this time last week.  I was dreading it too.  I went in at 7:30 on monday 11th and now 5 days on I'm feeling so much better than I did on Tuesday.  

I had an anterior repair and TVH

The worst things were:

a fear of the unknown (this is my first operation & General Anaesthetic ever)

the GA and the slight feeling of nausea resulting from it but wasn't actually sick,

weakness and faintness from low blood pressure (something I'm prone to),

loss of appetite (didn't eat much from Sunday night to Thursday night),

painful trapped wind and constipation,

the inflatable anti-dvt compressor leggings which were kept on overnight and inflate on alternate legs every 20 seconds like some form of torture,

the anti-dvt stockings which I have to wear for the next 2 weeks,

the 6 tinzaparin anti-dvt injections I've had to give myself in the stomach. Not pleasant but need to just get on with it (they sure take dvt seriously these days and I'm not even in a high risk group)

I didn't like the packing they put up the vagina after the operation.  It made me feel full and uncomfortable and looking back I think that's why I was asking for pain relief (suppositories up the bum very effective).  I was dreading the pain when the nurse removed it, but it hardly hurt at all so needn't have worried.

Things that aren't as bad as I expected:  

the pain.  once the packing was removed and the trapped wind escaped I can honestly say I'm managing without much pain relief at all.  Have forgotten about taking anything today including the paracetamol.

I was really worried about swelly belly.  but already my stomach has almost returned to normal size.  It's still obviously very tender (especially when the cat decided to step on me today) but not throbbing pain.

I stood up more today and cooked myself something to eat,pottered about, went in the garden.  After a while  I noticed the feeling heaviness starting again which I suppose is telling me to sit down.  Don't do too much.

I hope this helps a little to stop you worrying too much.  I'm sending you lots of good wishes and want to hear how you get on on Monday.  XXX

• Posted

Oh Claire,how sweet of you to send a well informed message like like hun.I do feel better knowing the thought is worse on times..I will sure keep i

I will keep you updated hun definitely.hugs to you.💕💕💕 too

• Posted

Oh this tablet,sorry about spelling.x
    • Posted

Hi there... I just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow.  You'll be just fine.  Here I am one week on lying on the settee in the sun whilst everyone waits on me hand and foot. Been for a potter about the garden earlier and feeling better every day.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes to you. Claire xxx

• Posted

Hi Claire, that is wonderful news hun,and you had.

more done than me.I am quite calm at the moment but in the morning

I know I'm going to be nervous.. Did yuou have much pain with the anterior repair hu?

💕💕😘😘😘take it easy and look out for my post tomorrow.xxxx

• Posted

Hi Welshgirl X lots of luck for tomorrow X you will be absolutely fine and wonder what all the worry was for. Be looking for your post to say all is well. Hugs

Rosie

Xxxxx💞🌹💞

• Posted

Hi Welshgirl,

Will be thinking about you tomorrow, you are going to be fine and are in the best of hands, be over before you know it. Think way ahead of when you will be fully recovered about all the things you are going to do and all the plans you are going to make and how much better life will be.

Phyl xx💖

• Posted

Ahh Phyllis that's lovely.. Your so sweet.I Weill be thinking of you all tomorrow. You lovely people. I'll be back soon to update you all.lots of love💕💕💕
    • Posted

Arghh, having trouble posting stuff on here. Wrote you lovely long detailed reply with advice etc but rejected. So just going to say over before you know it. Make sure you get good nights rest really helps you cope. All will be well,, be thinking of you and sending you loads of happy calming thoughts. Luv

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.