Anti-thyroglobulin & Peroxidase How important?

Posted , 4 users are following.

A friend was diagnosed with hypothyroidism with a functioning goiter in 2014. last month she was retested in the Philippines. We were not given any useful interpretation of the results. I am looking for any help in 

understanding these.

TSH 0.98ng/ml  0.27 - 3.75ng/ml range 

FT4 13.43pm    11.5 - 23.0 pm range.

FT3 5.04 pmol/L 3.1 - 6.8 range. 

Anti - thyroglobulin 394.46 range -100 IU/ml .

Anti - Thyroid Peroxidase 441.89 -100 IU/ml

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Stepehen, I would suggest that your friend keeps copies of all the tests she has so that she can compare results, map progress and note any problems. Also, I keep a record of my symptoms because they can change in small ways and you don't always notice it at the time. It makes it easier when I need to talk to my doctor.
    • Posted

thank you. that's a good idea, I will suggest she keeps notes on any symtoms. How often do most get tested? I have free medical in Canada but they of course do not in the Philippines and money is hard to come by. 
    • Posted

It depends on which country you live in, how carefully your doctor is monitoring you and whether your condtion is stable. There are no hard and fast rules. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.