Antiarythmic medication and Another cardioversion

Posted , 10 users are following.

I would like to know more about having a cardioversion that will require being inpatient 2-3 days to start a new medication that help my heart stay in rythym after the cardioversion. I will be changed from meds to keep my heart rate low while in afib to this medication to keep my heart in rythym. Who has had this experience?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Is the medication sotorol or amiordone?  I had the first while in the hospital getting a pacemaker. It did not work for me and caused shortness or breath (requiring me to go on oxygen). I've just been out on the amio  after another hospitalization to get my heart rate down from 160. This one seems to be working but be aware it has a list of negative side affects and u must me monitored regularly.  I am awaiting scheduling of a second ablation and hope to get off this drug if it's successful. The initial dose was 400mg 2xday and it wiped me out, but once the dosage was cut in a week, I seem to be feeling more like myself.  Good luck to u. 

• Posted

I was taking digoxin and bisoprolol, a beta blocker. Then before the cardioversion my digoxin was increased. The cardioversion put me back in sinus rythym, and the digoxin should now keep my heart that way...hopefully.
  • Posted

Hi there, I've had many cardioversions and I have had no issues other than severe itching hours later were the large shock pads were placed. I was on beta blockers for rate control but was changed over to a low dose of flecainide for rhythm control. I was not hospitalized for the drug change. I much prefer to be on the flecainide as I feel better with this drug. Hope your medication change works out well for you.

• Posted

I am currently on Deltiazem, Metropolol, and Eliquis. I feel good consistently but not "my pre-afib great". I want to feel great again. No other meds or health conditions. The antiarythymic they will prescribe is sotolol due to my enlarged atria and desired most positive result.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.