Antidepressant

Posted , 3 users are following.

been on antidepressant totally 6 and a half weeks. ZOLOFT for 2 weeks then PROZAC for 4 and a half weeks without having any positive effect. i suffer severe weird dissociation relating to severe depression. PROZAC helped me once a long time ago hoping it'll help me again. i'm so drained and frustrated since med doesn't kicked in yet?????

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

This will work for you eventually so keep hopeful but the only way to really help it to start working is by also working on yourself. Please consider going onto YouTube and type in emotions and the brain. Then neuroplasticity it will really help you change your mindset. I love Beacon house trauma website too as you will learn so much about dissociation. You might think blimey this sounds weird but trust me the work you put into learning about all this will pay off. Good luck and get well 😊

• Posted

THANK YOU

It's hard to be hopeful due to the

severity of my condition....i myself is a doc. i will check youtube you suggested.

• Posted

Hello

Did you change from one drug straight to another or did you have a break in between.

If you have been on the prozac for four and a half weeks, then its early days, it took me at least eight weeks to feel any benefit, I am almost on 11 weeks next Tuesday, but everyone is different, some people it acts very fast and others maybe months, I started by having the odd good day then I would go back to feeling terrible for a few days, then I started feeling better in the evenings, and then it was afternoon and evening and then the day, but I am still not 100% and still feel anxious about certain things, but hopefully that will get better soon.

So give it time and you will get a break through.

• Posted

thank u

i had almost no break between ZOLOFT and PROZAC since i was in a hospital. only one day off.

On ZOLOFT for 14, PROZAC. for 32 days. total 47 dsys. almost 7 weeks

• Posted

I think because you changed from one to another, you cant count the first drug, because in such a short space of time it wouldnt have started to work .

Just take it from when you started the prozac, you need to give it more time, every one is different, I know what its like counting the days and weeks, but stick in there you will get better.

• Posted

THANK YOU for responses

i really don't feel any benefit

Rather....my condition is getting worse

more dissociation and confusion

scared

• Posted

please dont be scared, I felt like that, its part of the illness, it will take time but you will get better.X

• Posted

THANK U

I think you're right. When i stopped ZOLOFT, i started feeling a bit better. But it couldn't stand at drowsiness. Thank you for your help.

• Posted

Do you think you may be suffering from trauma? as it sounds like trauma related symptoms and if your a doctor this may be due to others draining the crap out of you. food for thought as this is what happened to me due to my work.

self care has been a must for me! Good luck

• Posted

THANK YOU

it's not relating to a recent trauma. this time. i burned out from work. i took care of lots of people but myself. you're right.

• Posted

Dissociation and depresonalizayion ate accompanied with severe depression . FEEL i'm losing my mind. With PROZAC? is it gettting worse ? so scared

• Posted

cant you cant through your symptoms with a psychologist? you are not losing your mind but maybe you need to talk to a mental health professional to see what they suggest as it's not a nice feeling. Are you trying daily meditation, exercise to shift cortisol and self help on you tube? get writing down your feelings and track your progress. Good luck x

• Posted

THANK U

Because of my work, i have professionals with me. This time, sxs are so severe. i was hospitalized for s while.

• Posted

Been on PROZAC for 5 weeks.Tomorrow will be the first day of 6 weeks. Doc told me today, it seems somewhat working even if I am not aware of it. I hope so. I myself don't feel a relief yet.

I'm older. i know it'll take longer for antidepressant will work. Younger the faster. So I have to be patient....very hard.

Since I was inpatient for a while, Doc increased its dosage 20-40-60 mg with in 10 days.

I'm now on 40mg.

• Posted

Hello

I am in the older bracket to, these drugs take time, I am 11 weeks on fluoxetine, started on 20m and for the last seven weeks I have increased dose to 40m, I am much better, but I have had every side effect possible, couldnt eat or sleep, shaking, head fog, and had it all again with the increased dose.

I am much better, and kept telling myself you will get better, its a long slow process, dont read to much into the instructions, six weeks to feel the full benefit, most people take much longer, can take up to six month, but you will get there, give it time.

• Posted

THANK U

Doc increased its dosage from 20-40- 60 in 10 days when i was inpatient for several weeks. Now i'm on 40mg for 2 weeks. YES, shaking started recently... so uncomfortable. I have to report it to Doc this Friday. I see Doc once a week.

When did you start feeling better? . About how many weeks on med? I have no relief at all just having tremors so for. Frustrating.

Was your shaking gone?

MY depression also seriously affects a cognitive domain. So bad.

• Posted

Hi

No problem its nice to speak with someone and to try to help them.

It took me about 8-9 weeks before I felt any better, I wouldnt say I am a 100% yet.

When I started to get good days and then bad days again it was horrible, blips as they call them, one day I would feel ok and the next I had that awful low mood feeling,and no interest in anything, but I am taking more interest in things.

Why have you reduced the dose, did the Doctor do that or was it the hospital, as you said you were on 60m but now 40m, I am on 40m, I think some times the dose is increased to soon, and its better sticking with a lower dose like 40m, every one is different you cant put a time on recovery.

I am speaking with a lady thats been on 30m for about 4 months and she has glaucoma so thats the highest strength she can have, and she hasnt had a break through yet, but everyone is different.

Do you have the low mood and foggy head feeling, and do you sleep and eat ok, because if so you will start to get a break through just give it time, I know its frustrating I use to wake up and think what will today bring.

Yes I had the shakes and still have a bit now.

You are lucky to be seen by a Doctor, because I havent seen a proper GP once, only a junior Doctor, and a Nurse Practitioner, my Doctor hasnt really helped at all.

I hope you have a Happy Christmas or the best you can have, sent with loveX

Its early days yet just keep thinking positive and you will get better

• Posted

THANK YOU for your response.

On 60mg. I started agitating. 60mg is the highest dose for depression in general.

I was on 60mg for 2 weeks at hospital where I could see Doc everyday but i only see him once a week as outpatient. It's better to keep 40mg.

6 weeks on Prozac, .no good day just severely depressed , dissociated, depersonalized. and anxiety attacks. I can do nothing, I'm interesting in nothing. I'm scared thinking if i would be ok again...I want to take a PET scan to see if my neurons ate firing or not.......

You are on med almost 3 months....still not 100% relief yet? BUT it's good you have finally good days.

Docs are not much different from psych nurse practitioners. I worked with many psychiatrists.

I take Remeron 15mg that helps me sleep. I eat ok now.

You're tight...,just give it a time....,but it's so hard.

• Posted

HI Christine

Prozac 60mg for 2 weeks at hospital. it was too much for me. I was drained, agitated and very anxious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.