antidepressants

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all does any one else feel contionus on edge always feeling anxious all day every day .. I have been on my anti depressnt 3 weeks and I'm wondering is it them which is making me feel worse there called citalopram I'm on 30mg any advice would be great thank you

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm feeling the same hun I've been on cit 4weeks  but increased my dose only a week ago n I'm still really anxious n have symptoms x
    • Posted

I know hun I can totally sympathise with you its horrible n I just hope the meds work and soon, whats ur symptoms?
    • Posted

Constantly on edge and panic attacks .. I got in my head if I dont eat every couple of hours il die it's horrible I put on so much weight x
  • Posted

I am on a different medication, four weeks now and only just starting to feel a bit human again! It's very up and down in the beginning and can take your body a bit longer to settle down, but don't be afraid to go back to the doctor and together you can tweek it or change it if you feel it is not right...in the mean time, try your hardest not to shut yourself away, hard i know, but vital to your recovery
    • Posted

Do many people say give them time it's only 3 weeks it's takes up to 6 weeks to work xx
    • Posted

It can take a little bit of time yes, up to 10 weeks! You should just start noticing you have the odd couple of hours that you feel calmer, and then a half a day, then a whole day... But you might also get a day that you feel like you have gone back a little... This is normal... I would say give it another few days and if you don't start to have have a few hours hours where you feel a little better or certainly if it gets much worse, see your doctor again
    • Posted

My one med sent me in a frenzy. Ugh so I'm dependent on my ativan which works great until my doc app tmr. What meds do you use Tracie? It seems your doing well on them. ☺
    • Posted

I am on prozac, can't remember the dose, but i think it is relatively low, one a day... No side effects. I am also on propranalol and have been for a couple of years to help with migraines. I hate taking tablets if truth be known, but sometimes i just have to give in and use them and when i do i wonder why i have such an issue going on them because i feel almost human again! 
    • Posted

Yeah I will ...its so frustrating I'm overeating to calm my anxiety down ! Not good I know .. I just have this rush of fear overtake me .. I also wake up in the night with this fear too xx
    • Posted

What do you suffer from Tracie? Mines health anxiety. I'm going to gp tmr to see what he says about adding a antidepressant for my fears.. I take ativan as needed and it works great but he don't want me dependent on them? Not sure why cuz I was on them before and weined off with no side affects. 
    • Posted

Mine is health anxiety also, which has steadily got worse since March 2013 when i was poorly and in hospital, but CBT and prozac seem to be helping me enormously
    • Posted

My anxiety is the opposite, I find I cannot eat and have lost a great deal of weight.  When I was on anti depressants I put on a lot of weight because I was always hungry, now it is the opposite.  I have saggy skin and look awful.  I wonder if I was better off before.  It was my doctor who said try without anti depressants.  I cannot bear to go back on them, but how do I cope with the anxiety?  What a decision, medication or not?
    • Posted

I was prescribed Prozac 20 mg once a day. Hoping this helps. Can see a Lil difference already. Thanks good to hear Tracie.. I pray I get stronger ❌❌❌
    • Posted

You will! It just takes patience, we all get there in our own time eventually, its horrible at times but with the right support, we get there in the end x
    • Posted

How are you feeling now Tracie.  Well done for sticking it out.  I am sure things will improve soon.  
    • Posted

I'm feeling alot better than i was a few weeks ago thanks Anne...its a little slower getting there than i would like but when i look at how i was, im a different me already👍👍👍
    • Posted

That is great Tracie.  Do you think taking medication is the reason?
    • Posted

Yes, without a doubt! And CBT is helping too... Combination of the both of them, and great support from my parents a few close friends and an absolute desperate will to get better, i'm getting there slowly!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.