antidepressants

Posted , 10 users are following.

My GP has suggested I try antidepressant tablets to help with the pain I get in my back due to IBS but I'm not sure, has anyone else tried this and is there any side effects

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was prescribed sertraline on my first gp appointment every experience a wide range of symptoms and physical pain. Took one pill never again. Felt so horrible. I may be very stubborn but I wanted to heal myself naturally. I have been back to the gp 4-5 over he space of 5 months and have demanded scans. Got a colonoscopy and endoscopy with mri this month finally now waiting for results. Don’t let them tell you it’s stress or anxiety and demand an extensive investigation. I cannot put my trust into these gps I just can’t 
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply I have had a colonoscopy and endoscopy and that was when I was told I had IBS, on my last visit to the Gp I was told any anxiety can effect your bowels as much as what you eat. Hope your results are ok 
  • Posted

Hi Sheila, i was put on amitryptilene to help my IBS symptons, not sure it made any difference? Other than feeling very sleepy in the morning. Only took them for2 weeks. My ache/pain comes and goes but sometimes feels worse in the eve. Im going to go back to Dr to see if theres anything else they can offer. Its such a complex condition and very difficult to treat as symptons vary so much from person to person. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.