Antidepressants making me worse

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been on 5 different types of antidepressant since February currently on mirtazapine 15mg and phenagan 50mg for sleep.i was on venlafaxine for 10 days and didn't sleep for more than couple hours, now I can sleepp but the anxiety and depression is so bad,

Before I went on meds I was functioning. Now I'm in such a state. Any one else had this

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

it does take a long time for many antidepresent to kick in. you have to stick with them it a matter of do the side effects out way the benifits. i take venlafaxine for a number of years find them ok but took a lot of time before they had effect if you cant sleep you have my sypathy mirtarzipine help me with sleep but am trying to come of them as the to have bad side effects. been on most of the tablets over the years and it all down to trial and error with antidepresent good luck with it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.