anxiety

Posted , 10 users are following.

Don't know we're to start but there is a end to all of this anxiety every 1 gets anxious the rush everyone gets is   adrenaline and it goes in some people and with people who have anxiety it's keeps coming and coming then we don't work it of we stay in same place waiting for it to blow over but a few tips that may help you and this anxiety 

Avoid everything that makes you panic Wright what makes you panic or get anxious 

Go for a walk that helps

listen to your favourite calm music try relax and try not to think of anything

Don't dwell on the past look to the future  you have anxiety try accept it that will help 

The symptoms you get won't hurt you its all anxiety related 

Like always if you need anything pm me ill be hear to listen 

2 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Paul and Tony

What Paul is trying to tell you is it is only the NOW that matters, there is only NOW!!

What happened a minute ago has gone and what happens in a minute we dont no, so all that matters is NOW.

This is the teaching of mindfullness and it has been very usefull to me.

Your anxiety is a learned response that has to be relearned, your panic metre is stuck on high it has to be retrained then it will settle down again.

• Posted

its interesting hearing that your panic metre is set on high.....Mine set itself on high 21 years ago and has never come back down,even when theres nothing happening out of the ordinary i'm still on high alert,its ridiculous.

it started one weekend in blackpool while i was away with the lads,we were getting ready to go out,it was my turn for the shower and while i was getting showered i thought about going out and it hit me like a ton of bricks,throwing up the lot,shakes,racing heart etc etc.Doctor told me it was a anxiety attack and not to worry as the symptoms would pass and here we are 21 years later,no different to that day in blackpool.

previous to it all starting i had never ever suffered with nerves,played just about every sport you could think of,first aid team at the pit,safety team at the pit,lead guitarist in a rock band to name a few things i did without any sign of nerves.

i still do play guitar,run my own business,but the nerves still affect me,it could have ruined my life,throwing up because you are going out for a meal or for a pint was a shocking feeling,,these acute symptoms have faded but i'm left where i cant fall asleep without medication and when i wake my heart instantly goes into overdrive,beating 120+bpm.,my arms always feel weak and shakey even though there are no visible shakes,i'm baffled as what to do about it.tried hypnotherapy,reiki,accupuncture,mental health teams etc,all to no avail.i'm now of the opinion there is nothing i can do about it,21 years is a long time to have put up with it but for the life of me i see no end,however i'm determined it will not stop me doing things i enjoy even tho i feel as sick as a dog.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.