Anxiety

Posted , 9 users are following.

What have you taken for anxiety other then anti depressants?? I will be going to the doctor begin of Novembe. I am currently not on any medication. Has a hormone cream worked for anybody? 

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My MD prescribed .25 MG of Xanax. I break that in half. I can't really tell that I take it, the edge just goes away and it helps with my racing pulse also.

• Posted

Recently my doc prescribed hydroxyzine prn for really high times of anxiety ... I take half of one and it calms me down rather quickly too.
    • Posted

Ginger, thats what my doctor gave me I havent taken one yet. Did you have any side affects from taking 1/2 ? I can take mine up to 3 times a day.  My doctor said that those are not addicting. Let me know how you do if you take them again. How many times a day can you take yours if you should need it? 
    • Posted

Hey!! My doctor also said I can take 1 up to three times a day if needed. She also said they are not addicting which is why she likes to prescribe them. I held onto my bottle for months before trying them lol... I hate new meds...but when my anxiety got sooo high one day I broke down and took half of one at night wink I tend to be sensitive to many meds which is why I started with half.

It really calmed me quickly, just enough to get my anxiety down. It did make me a little drowsy at first but not anymore. I started taking half at night and found I could get to sleep easier and would wake up without the pit of anxiety in my stomach as I was previously doing . Now if I have a really anxious day or feel it rising I'll take half of one , some days I need half 2-3 times per day, other days I don't need any. Half seems to work for me for now smile

• Posted

Well, Ginger I have had mine now for like 6 weeks but haven't gotten brave enough to take them yet. I too am very sensitive to medicine every since I had close to a deady reaction to penicillin and tertcyline however you spell that.. I might have to try mine though because this panic and anxiety is HORRIBLE! 

• Posted

Hi teresa, I use clary calm and balance they seem to help most of the time, however there are times where nothing seems to help, I also use phytoestrogens of the same brand of my oils it seems to help with mood swings and hot flashes as well, I thought they were not working but when I stoped for a while I realized how much I needed them lol. I asked my gyne if they were safe and she said to continue with them... it can be very scary to take something than can make you worst... I was a little scared because someone here mentioned they are not safe for your thyroid, I am having another dr. Apppintment this thursday and planning to address the anxiety issue will let you know if she recomends something else...take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.