Anxiety

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi there was wondering if anyone could help ,

I have been having bad anxiety and panic attacks for 3 months , I have had chest X-ray about 10 ecgs echocardiogram stress test blood tests and they said it was anxiety .. The thing I want help with is my nail beds have all changed colour to a purplish tint half way up almost look bruised .. I have had my oxygen levels checked and there like 100 % ive seen multiple doctors who don't know but say it isn't anything to worry about ive also been to Chinese medicine please ?hope someone can help it's driving me mad and making anxiety worse !!

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

First of all, what are you anxious about ? A heart attack? Anxiety can definitely mimic symptoms of a heart attack. You've been checked and had 10 ecgs. And ecg would be able to pick up a heart attack because the strip would have an ST elevation ( i think ) but if you're ecg shows your heart is ok.. And your oxygen levels are 100%? I think you're gonna be ok. Do you have a family history of heart attacks? If you do, IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK!!

If you're that concerned i think you should see a cardiologist so that it could alleviate your anxiety.

• Posted

Hi thanks for commenting back yes I was scared about that but my hearts fine I just don't know why my nails are that colour any ideas ? No no history ive already seen a cardiologist aswel who ran those tests

• Posted

Ive just had anxiety about loads of things and because the panic attacks were so scary
    • Posted

Looks like you yourself are beginning to see that multiple visits to doctors who tell you there isn't anything wrong should be believed!

I am so glad to see your answer, Cristina!

• Posted

Great!! You're nail beds have nothing to do with your heart!😂 I dont know where you got that from. I read somewhere once that it could be a sign of a heart attack but thats really just plain bs. Dont read that stuff. DO NOT go on web md.... Do not go on mayo clinic to check your symptoms... Tell your doctor and let your doctor due the job. Anyway, you heart results came back excellent.. So just sit back relax and enjoy life! Its too short to be worried about things like this.

You're gonna be FINE

• Posted

Panic attacks can be very scary! I get them everyday. But you will be fine i promise. smile

• Posted

Really so nails don't mean heart then ? I know honestly online has made me worse !! ?Ano I just need to calm down I feel like my hearts going to fast and chest pain it's horrible

• Posted

Anxiety, Anxiety, Anxiety.

Dr. Google never passed his exams, darling. Ignore his idiotic advice aand talk to a real doctor. Dr. Google has caused more anxiety in the world since he was invented. When I was young, computers hadn't been invented - well, not as we have them now - i think there WERE some computers around - but they filled an entire room.

It wasn't until the late 1990s that I bought my first PC. And THAT was only because my children persuaded me to do so. And they taught me how to use it. Now, years later, they all have Smart phones, and mother (me) has a laptop, and if mother can't understand what to do, she calls one of her children, who think she is really dumb!

I'm not dumb, by the way. I graduated in English and French, then became a Registered Nurse and a Registered Midwife. I just don't understand some of the things that computers say and do. For instance, I don't know what a cookie is (unless it's an edible one) and once I sent a message and it wouldn't send, and up came the words "BAD GATEWAY"

so I sent a text to my daughter who is doing a degree in computer sciences and asked her what a Bad Gateway was. And do you know what she replied? "Are you all right, mum?" Huh. So much for the Bad Gateway.

• Posted

Lol no fam 😂😂 sometimes my nail beds turn red.. But i never have a heart attack. I dont know where you're getting that from but whoever said that is really just full of it to be honest. The nail beds dont have anything to do with your heart.

• Posted

Seriously, Lisatia, I am not sure why you're worrying about this. Put some nail polish on! Then you won't see the discolouraltion.

A visit to a homeopath would also help you. I believe you think this is a sign of heart disease. DO you think that?

• Posted

Hi tess ?thanks for replying yeah im scared it was my heart but ive had loads of tests and now I'm thinking maybe lungs I just don't get why they are this colour it's so annoying as there not going away

• Posted

I get it too, actually, now and again, and I wonder why.

But I have always had very cold hands and feet so I am sure that is why it happens to me now and again. I just ignore it. It goes away by itself, and I've had some heart tests too, and they were fine, and I'm a nurse, so I just think the purple nail bed thing is due to poor circulation. Well, mine is, anyway.

You've had an awful lot of tests. Time to start believing the results, I think?

• Posted

Really do urs go like that aswell ? I know I feel bad but it's cause they can be so purple it worries me .. My anxiety is so bad recently honestly ive recently started yoga and going walks to help me

• Posted

Sure they do. And because I'm a nurse, I worried about it for a while. Then I had a bunch of tests done and nothing was wrong with me. Exxcept poor circulation, especially to my feet. I have a hot water bottle in summer to warm them up!

So I just ignore the nail thing now. The tests reassured me. I'm not about to drop dead of a heart attack. Well, not right now! I'm 60 and I am sure I have plenty years left in me to go.

If you don't see me on this site for a while, you'll know I was wrong lol! But I've had the nail thing for over ten years, Lisatia. Just ignore it, ok?

• Posted

Really that's good then at least I know someone that has had it im only 24 so it just means my circulation is poor ? Could stress and anxiety cause this ?

• Posted

They certainly could. But it may be somehting you just have to learn to live with and stop worrying about it.
    • Posted

I know I just keep panicking about my heart like it's not pumping as good or something and that's why they have discoloured , I also found a forum online with a picture exactly like mines but it was anorexic forum & the nails were identical im not anorexic but my diets been poor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.