Anxiety

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi there was wondering if anyone could help ,

I have been having bad anxiety and panic attacks for 3 months , I have had chest X-ray about 10 ecgs echocardiogram stress test blood tests and they said it was anxiety .. The thing I want help with is my nail beds have all changed colour to a purplish tint half way up almost look bruised .. I have had my oxygen levels checked and there like 100 % ive seen multiple doctors who don't know but say it isn't anything to worry about ive also been to Chinese medicine please ?hope someone can help it's driving me mad and making anxiety worse !!

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I fear the same thing.. Multiple tests on my heart and yet I still panic (i actually just wrote a discussion like this earlier) daily that I'll have a heart attack.. Are you sure they're actually purple? On days I feel anxious, I'm positive that they're purple and I'm dying. But everyone else says they're not purple.. Your mind can trick you into believing it. They also turn purple when you're cold. You are fine. Don't make problems that aren't really there! If your oxygen wasn't good, they would not let you leave. They would put you into an ambulance and send you to the nearest hospital. Try to take comfort in that it's probably just your anxiety playing with you. (bit I wish I could take my own advice!!!

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying really are you the same how horrible is it ? I actually don't know what happend to me why I'm like this I was never as anxious as this !! Yeah they honestly are it basically looks like they are all bruised half way up but they aren't sore or that they do get worse when I'm cold but the colour never goes away I know I needed some advice as I constantly keep thinking it's bad

• Posted

I wish you could, too, Anx, lol.

Sorry - wasn't meaning any disrespect - I know you have anxiety very badly

• Posted

Its not.. If you hadn't been checked by a doctor and they were really bad, it would be concerning. Doctors do not mess around when it comes to hearts and oxygen levels.. That much I know, so they wouldn't have let you leave if they needed to investigate it more. Some people just have strange colors nails. Go get a manicure and be done with it haha.

And yes u have it horrible too. Mine started after my son. I'm on buspar now. Some days I feel perfect, other days I'm awful. Always worse certain days of the month. They said I have sinus tach (which they also said literally everyone has) and that sent me completely over the edge a few weeks back. Every time I feel my HR I'm convinced it's going too fast. Ridiculous what we think on a daily basis haha

• Posted

Lol! My fiance always says "wow, you give all these people such good advice, yet they don't know how you eat a box of cookies and cry about death every night" haha. Oops!

• Posted

No, were moving in late October now so everything has taken a back seat.. Wedding date is set for May though so I need to get on it.. Were not doing huge ceremony or anything, just close family and then our reception will be where all other extended family and friends come. We got into an argument the other day over what food to serve so... I'm just planning it all on my own now because he doesn't understand how it all works lol

• Posted

Yeah I suppose my doctor just said people get it sometimes & it's not a symptom of anything serious but when I look at them I panic because I'm a nail technician aswell so I know they weren't like that before !! Do you have physical symptoms aswell like chest pain and all that ? My anxiety is so bad I was on diazepam for a week there aswell to keep me calm .. Ive got worse since I had my wee girl aswell I just fear everything I also lost my grandad to lung cancer aswell so this has made it even worse

• Posted

My daily anxious symptoms include: chest pain, heartburn, nausea, shoulder pain, underarm pain, lower rib pain under my left breast, sweats, horrible thoughts, heart palps, heart beating fast.. Believe it or not, you are completely normal and fine. We all are.. We just can't see it when it's in the moment. It helps to have people remind you that you're ok. Like right now, my heart is going fast but I just ate, so I'm keeping calm. Try chamomile tea. Are u on meds? My doctor out me on a holter a few weeks back. I monitored and wrote down all pains I felt.. Results? NONE of my pain, even the heart palps I know I felt were related to my heart. None of them. She said she doesn't see it often, but our bodies can actually make is imagine we are having pain. Feel free to message me if you need to ever talk or have specific questions.. I could be a cardiologist at this point, I've been to a doctor so many times haha

• Posted

If your GP is happy and has arranged and completed so many tests believe Him you are ok

Try some iron tablets that may return the colour to your quicks.

So stop your worrying

BOB

• Posted

Hi there ?yeah I know it's just anxiety it's so bad makes you think so much .. Ive had so many tests been in hospital twice aswell for chest pain .. Do you think iron would help? I took a spatone iron today as I heard that could cause it

• Posted

A course of iron tbs may help, give it a try for a month and see how you get on.

If you are concerned about anything, make another appointment, nothing spoils.

BOB

• Posted

Is it just raynaurds? 
    • Posted

Hi there no I don't thinkso as it says that can be quite painful and turn white then that colour and then return to normal mines don't do that

• Posted

No its not always painful at all. My eldest daughter gets that. Theres degrees of it love. Primary Raynaud’s phenomenon.
    • Posted

the never returning to normal part is interesting. But probably along the same pnenomenon. 
    • Posted

her goes back to normal. But it surely happens. And yes yes cold makes it worse. Cold or stress by the way. You have raynauds. You are describing raynauds. I have zero clue why no one has mentioned it to you. 
    • Posted

Really do you think so but u heard that they go back to normal mines just go like a light purple then when I'm cold they go really purple

• Posted

Yes. I really think so. Our bodies dont always read google lol. But yes that is so what i believe it is. 
    • Posted

Ok I will take iron and see if not it could be raynaulds how does your daughter treat this ?
    • Posted

Where did you come uo with iron? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.