Anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there,

I'm now into my 3rd week of taking fluoxetine for really bad physical symptoms of anxiety. At first it made me feel worse for the first week or so (I actually thought I was going to die!) but after that I started to feel a bit better with some minor side effects like tremors- but it was manageable. However, yesterday I had a bit of a set back when I was at work, I started to feel a bit weird again so I thought I'd better eat some

Breakfast, then I started to cry for no reason at all. Afterwards I was ok throughout the rest of the day but then last night I started to feel dizzy and had a panic attack- again, struggling to find out what the trigger is. I took diazepam last night to ensure that I would get some sleep but I was awake at 6am this morning with anxiety which is what was happening a few weeks ago. I feel really disappointed as I thought the fluoxetine was working and I feel like I'm going to go back to square 1 again. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this on fluoxetine or in general?

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Was feeling better that last few days, then started to feel really drowsy around midday and now I've got anxiety again and I don't even know why! I don't know whether I'm going to be sick or fall over because I feel dizzy! Really want this to stop now it's horrible

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.