Anxiety

Posted , 10 users are following.

Do anyone wake up with anxiety every morning and it's uncontrollable? It lingers on for a while until I take something. What causes this?

Some mornings are worse then others, is it because of the previous day of stress or what?

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Anxiety is one of the mant symptoms of the menapuse. I think different peopme will hace different triggers but the main reason if the hormornal changes
  • Posted

Hi Mary ... it's the hormonal changes that does cause the anxiety. I never had anxiety until meopause! But it got a lot  worse when i was postmenopausal which i sill am. 

• Posted

Hi, I have always had anxiety and health anxiety on and off over the years, but since peri they have been terrible xx
  • Posted

Hi  yes just going through this at the mo.. 4 years into peri and just in the final throws of periods stopping. for about 6 months i woke shaking and with a racing heart .. had to rush to loo also .... really horrible .. when im having periods its really bad but when the periods stop as they keep doing its not too bad..   Its caused by lack of hormones effecting the brain.. more than likely projesterone as thats the one that is responisble for the calming effect.  Ive been having really bad syptoms for 18 months now on and off.. just get the odd day when i fell semi normal.. sometimes its just a few hours.  Sadly the anxiety seem to be one of the more cripling symptoms. I take beta blockers as i have Hyper POTS and the menopause has caused a bad relapse and they do help to a degree with the anxiety also.  
  • Posted

Hello, everyone.

Has anyone tried acupuncture for the menopause symptoms? anxiety? Depression? Other symptoms? Did it help?

Has anyone tried the all natural yam progesterone cream?

I am going for my first acupuncture treatment for menopause symptoms tomorrow. Right now I can't take any herbs because I am recovering from serotonin syndrome and herbs might escalate the syndrome again.

Thanks. Hang in there.

• Posted

I am doing the progesterone cream now, when I first tried it a few months ago, it seem to help. Now, I don't see a change. I did a muscle test yesterday and was told that the one I'm on may be too strong for me.

I did notice that it would flare up my acid reflux/gastristis.

Also, while doing the muscle test I tried the maca cream, it did wonders for me. I got energy and calmness. I will do more research on maca.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.