Anxiety

Posted , 12 users are following.

How many women have experienced Anxiety because of menopause? I am 49 and have bad Anxiety for a few years. Every tells me it's because of my changes. Anyone else???

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh yes!! Anxiety through the roof, out of the blue (seemingly) last year at age 46... I am a wreck about just about everything! I had no idea why, my Dr. just threw a lexapro RX my way, which i took for almost a month and had to discontinue due to side effects..nothing really helps but i try to walk a few times a week (but the cold weather, anxiety and holiday and family obligations have kept me from that for 3 weeks or so), staying hydrated and eating decently seems to help a bit. Insomnia has been ridiculous as well, NEVER had that issue (occasionally before a big event or a stressful day) but this is all the time. Anyway..I’m sorry I cannot offer much help other than lettting you know you’re not alone and nothing is really “wrong”..just hormones 🙁 Take care and reach out if needed! 😊

• Posted

Ladies what type of anxiety do you get I just had a major scare thought I was having a heart attack my heart was pounding so had I had a scan and everything was fine can someone tell me there type of panic attack
    • Posted

Yes. I get the racing pounding heart. It feels like it is going to pound out of my chest. It beats very fast and hard like I just ran a race. Then it feels like it skips a beat. Sometimes it feels like it is flip flopping or jerking and then falling. Accompanied by anxiety. So miserable.
    • Posted

Hi Betty, if this is my Anxiety it's bad every time I try to drif off something wakes me up can you work out what it is...it's been going on now for a while and desperate to sleep and forget about it..so had to take tablets can't stand it.. I think it's more Anxiety because a panic attack is when you can't breath with it get paper bag and blow hard when it starts.

• Posted

The adrenaline rush you feel upon waking ( the anxiety, the burning feeling in your chest, sick feeling in your stomach) is actually adrenaline. Normally a small amount if adrenaline enters our system to wake us up. But during menopause/perimenopause our hormones are not balanced that includes our adrenal hormones. The adrenals aren't functioning properly during menopause/ perimenopause and they release too much adrenaline too wake us up. Therefore the adrenaline rush feeling, anxiety. And the adrenals release adrenaline during different periods during sleep, therefore waking us all night long.

Avoid sugar, bread, pasta, potatoes, alcohol, caffeine, chocolate :-( , cigarettes anything that can overstimulate the adrenal glands. I was doing pretty good with the anxiety and insomnia until I started having hot chocolate every night. Too much sugar & caffeine. I use dark chocolate powder to make my hot cocoa. Now I am paying. The hot chocolate wasn't worth the misey I am in.

Hope this helps, Tracy

• Posted

I’m 48 and have been feeling like this since mid cycle 
  • Posted

Yes. I have bad anxiety with these hormonal changes. Sometimes my chest has a burning crushing feeling, sometimes my heart best so fast & hard I can feel it beating. Then it feels like it skips a beat. Sometimes the anxiety feels like an adrenaline rush, like when something scares you and your heart aches and burns. Causes me to be nauseated as well.

The anxiety is the worst symptom I have.

I'm so sorry that all of you ladies are going through this. I hope you find relief soon.

Tracy

• Posted

Hi Struggling, my heart too the same..I got some funny chest feeling to girl accompany by a sickly feeling I wouldn't let me drift off its horrible..I'm taking some tablets so I can sleep as you said if you don't you feel worst.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.