Anxiety

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been primenapos  for over 3 years did have bad anxiety manage to get it  sorted, but I had the flu virus and now my anxiety is back trying to do the things my councillor has told my what to do but it is hard, never thought I would be feeling like this again x

Take care 

Paula 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What did your councillor tell you
    • Posted

Hi Betty she gave me breathing exercises to do plus she gave me a card and this is what it has on 

STOP 

TAKE A BREATH 

OBSERVE what am I thinking?  What am I reacting to ? What am I feeling in my body? 

PULL BACK Put in some perspective. See the bigger picture. Is this fact or opinion? How would someone else see this ?

PRACTICE WHAT WORKS  what's the best thing to do for me,for others , for this situation? 

IamGoing to do the card again 

Take care Paula 

• Posted

Hi Paula how did you manage to sort out your anxiety I’m having big  trouble trying to beat mine x
    • Posted

Hi jan she gave me breathing exercises to do ,just to sit close my eyes if that helps  breath slowly in and out and when breathing out breath all your negative thoughts,  I all so take vitamin b -complex tablets  was told can help with anxiety 

Take care Paula 

• Posted

Thankyou Paula I will try them ....really hate this peri it’s taking over my life and ruining it too x
    • Posted

Hi jan hope it helps i did 3 time a day for 5 to 10 mins on how I was feeling all did the last one before bed helped  me  relax  

Paula 

• Posted

Thankyou Paula I’m really going to try and get to grips with this peri thinking I’ve probaly been in it for nearly 2 years 😩

• Posted

Hi Paula, I had the flu over Christmas and was very ill for a week, and then mildly unwell for the week after. During that second week, I felt hugely depressed. I kept telling my husband it was an after-effect of the flu (secretly, I was hoping this was true, but with peri I just wasn’t sure - maybe it was just a lovely new symptom). However, now that I am better, it was definitely an after effect of the flu and did go. 
  • Posted

Sorry - last reply got sent before I was ready. What I wanted to ask, was how long ago did you get the flu? Be kind to yourself and don’t beat yourself up just because you’re physically feeling better. I think this flu is emotionally hard for some reason, and you may need a little more time before you’re feeling strong enough to follow your counsellor’s recommendations.
    • Posted

Hi Kate have not felt well for 2 weeks feel a bit better this week , but it that feeling is it the flu or something else it make it hard x
    • Posted

When I started to get scared about how depressed I was feeling, I kept saying to myself, “It’s just the flu.” Saying it out loud to my husband helped too (although his skeptical face didn’t! ). It almost became my mantra for several days, and it did help. Anxiety is horrible and isolating so be kind to yourself xx
  • Posted

Hi Paula.

I've suffered with anxiety for years but noticed an increase of symptoms with the perimenopause.

I manage to control it really well with breathing techniques, exercise - walking, gym and yoga are fantastic for this! Also, listening to the sound of flowing water or ocean is very relaxing and helps. I have a couple of relaxation cd's with these sounds and find they're very effective.

Talking also helps

Hope this helps

Dora x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.