anxiety about dying

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello everyone, i am new to this forum. to start i had my first panic attack in march and ever since that day i syopped taking my birth control pills after 3 years. Well ever since i have had bad anxiety, my body shakes, i get really dizzy when i start hyperventilating, my heart pounds, my muscles get tense, my chest begins to tighten. It is very scary. Well ever since that panic attack i have breb worried about my healt. I worried with any single pinch or headache and always think i am having a stroke or heart attack. I am constantly checking my self in the mirror to make sure it is not a stroke. I have lost a goood amount of weight, idk if its anxiety or the withdrawals from birth control. It is very scary.

Due to this, i have develop a constant feeling that i will suddenly die and leace my family and my 3 year old son. When i think about leaving them my anxiety takes over me and i began to feel very depressed. to top it off, i have read anxiety forums where people have said many people feel like they are going to die soon and then they die. This was what made my life soo difficult. I have this constant fear that because i have this feeling , i too will suddenly die. It is literally taking over my life. I feel So scared daily. I do have the opportunity to talk to people and get my mind distracted which causes the feeling of "dying soon" to disappear, however, it always comes back, the fear of one day dropping dead of a heart attack or something because i feel like i will die soon. I dont know if its my anxiety causing me to believe this but i just cant live like this.

I do see a therapist and he has helped a little bit. I just need to see if i am not the only one feelibg like this....

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Your not the only one i also feel this way and won't be alone with my daughter in case i did and she'd be alone, it'sa hhorrible horrible feeling but your not alone at all and you wwon't die unfortunately this is anxiety and only we can defeat it nothing is going to happen to you have you seen a dDr maybe tried some medication I was on citalapram but I'm pregnant so had to come off them so I'm having a really bad time at the moment

I'm here to talk I know exactly how your feeling and it's controlling take care x

• Posted

Thanks makes me feel good that i am not alone. I do see a doctor and a therapist, however my therapist and i agreed to try to work things out without medication first. But, it is verrrrrry difficult. I hate this feeling, idk why my brains has convinced me that i am going to die soon. I loveee my life and my family and it is heart breaking thinking about leaving them Or hurting them.... maybe we can talk through messages and comfort each other. Thank you for replying....
    • Posted

Messaged me any time you like, it is is a horrible feeling I think it'sthe scariness of leaving our children aas well but we wwon't and we need to take hold of anxiety and control it we can't let it defeat us it's a horrible horrible thing to suffer with I think iit is good your trying therapy first! Keep at it
  • Posted

Hi Josy, Jean here I have had this anxiety since I hit the menopose at 38 but have taken Citalopram and they seem to help.  You are not the only one that feels like this there are many of us around.  All ways here for a chat
  • Posted

Hi,

i know now exactly how you feel, I started suffering from anxiety after the birth of my second baby, I spent every moment terrified I was going to die and leave my children...... It was horrendous.

eventually after a year of hell my doctor and husband convinced me to try citalopram and thank god they did.  I still have times when I'm convinced I have breast cancer, or ovarian cancer or that I'm having a stroke but it's absolutely nothing like the way I used to be.

speak to your doctor, living the way you are is hellish and there really is medication that can help.

Good luck. 

• Posted

Hi Josy, you are definitely not alone, I constantly feel like this since becoming a mum! Scared of leaving the kids and them growing up without me. I have thaought heart attack, stroke, now I'm convinced I have a tumour, I tell my mum and my husband how I feel they do their best to convince me that I'm ok, my doctors have referred me to anxiety speaclists however my appointment isn't til next week and until them I'm in a right old state but when I any it out loud I feel silly and everyone just tries to assure me I'm ok but how do they know? I have only found this group yesterday and it's such a relief to know I'm not alone in feeling like it. I'm sure through this thread we can support each other. 
  • Posted

I probably am going to die soon and the only thing I can do is keep busy so I don't keep thinking about it.  Or sleep a lot.  I have some medical exams coming up and I'm sure one of them will come back with an indicated serious condition.  Plus I'm at high risk of cardiovascular disease and lung cancer.  Plus I'm diabetic and have copd and overactive bladder.  I'll just go to disneyland.
  • Posted

Hi josy it might be possible that you are more hormonal due to stopping your pill, and maybe it will calm down eventually. When I was younger I was definitely more anxious before a period it would affect my sleep but once I made the connection it was a lot easier to deal with. I don't understand how gp,s seem to miss the connection between hormones and anxiety. Like before a period,after the birth and then with the menopause. Anyway I hope you start to feel better soon, it's awful when fear takes over and convinces us the worst is going to happen.xx
  • Posted

Hi josy I feel exactly the same way but everyday I have to handle it and been like this it's not easy and my mind doesn't help at all I can be fine but I start thinking about it and I start panicking and I feel bad I feel like my heart will stop

But just calm yourself and you will be fine 💪 be strong

• Posted

As much as it's all very horrible to have these feelings, it's comforting to know that we're not alone. Sharing how we feel is definitely a step towards feeling better. I have constant headaches, neck pains, chest pain, dizziness and feel like I'm not dying which sets me off on a severe panics attack and I need to keep telling myself to stop being daft and enjoy my life. But you're right, it's so difficult and all you can think about is what you'll be leaving behind. Awful, but at least we know we're not alone.
  • Posted

Hello, I was reading your post from 2 years ago and was wondering how you were doing? I too have Been suffering from anxiety and depression. I don't take meds. I'm trying to stay mentally stable for my children. I'm am going to see a therapist for cbt. It's so hard worrying all the time about leaving my kids in the world or if I'm gonna die. It has been like 2 months now and I am trying so hard to control it. Do you have any tips? Thanks for sharing your story.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.