Anxiety all day,,,!,

Posted , 13 users are following.

Well it's 00.21am and I feel totally normal..calm...no unwanted negative thoughts or if they have passed my mind they have just faded away without even having to try. Most nights I feel like the day I had happened to somebody else.

I'm a mess most days. My head struggling and wondering if I will make it through. I'm frightened and either rushing around keeping busy to distract myself or  sitting with the anxiety trying to let it pass over me.

Will all this level out at some point? I mean why am I in such a state all day long and then feel at night like I was never ill.

I'm sat here now thinking that tomorrow I will cope but yet tomorrow comes and yes I get through it but I wouldn't say I cope.

I suppose I should think myself lucky that I'm managing to get some ok time. Is this a sign that my meds are working? 

3 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes it is. I'm having better days as well my meds are starting to help. I know its only been a week but mine will get better the longer I'm on them.. I take ativan for bad anxiety and it helps a lot.. We will get better together.. 😘❌⭕❌⭕ 
  • Posted

I'm so sorry hun.. I know what this is like. I'm 21 years old and had my first attack at 13 during middle school. It's been getting worse as I've been getting older. I suffer from depression, OCD and anxiety. My doctor prescribed me Zoloft but with my OCD I'm too afraid to take them. Out of fear of an allergic reaction or side effects. Today I felt so so ill.

rushing thoughts

tightness in chest

heavy breathing

shacky arms and legs (very hard to stand)

dizzyness

heart palpitations...

at night I get them real bad too..sometimes I wake up gasping from air or I'll wake up jolting. Sleeping on my back is a HUGE no no.

I constantly worry if I will make it though, and I worry what the heck is going on in my body and if im going to die..so many things...

its a life long battle..but we are in this together! I think what helps alot too is when we all can relate to one another. <3

*hugs* hang in there sweety, i can totally relate

*hugs*="" hang="" in="" there="" sweety,="" i="" can="" totally="" relate="">

*hugs* hang in there sweety, i can totally relate

>

• Posted

Hi Gillian, just wanted to say that your such an inspiration and support to others on here, i regularly read your posts. Take each day as it comes. I am better if i try and keep busy too.  
  • Posted

Hi Gillian, im similar to you in that mornings are the worst, then its a slow improvement through the day until when I go to bed the world seems a pretty decent place! Right now (10.40am) im feeling a bit rough and the obsessive thought (that you know about!) Is flying around my head at a zillion miles an hour. Im coming to the end of my 7th week on cit, how long have u been on meds now? Stay strong Gillian x
    • Posted

Mines worse in the morning also. Any suggestions on what to do?
    • Posted

I'm 3 days into week 5 Hun.

Learn to relax with the thought. Accept it's there and don't fear it. Just imagine it as a friend that's tagging along with you got a while. Don't argue  with it and rationalise it. Just let it be there. You will be amazed how your mind relaxes.

When the anxiety goes that comes with the thought,your mind will have no use for it and push it aside.

Hooe you feel better soon sunshine xx

• Posted

I have no idea Hun. I just think that it will all even out in time and eventually we will wake one morning and set about our day without thinking and then later think "oh wow,I've been great today"!!xx
  • Posted

Funny at night late I feel OK maybe like I should feelall time and I think maybe I wake up in morning better but no same all day anxiety no energy and I worry all time too realy feel wasting life in this way wish I could level OE least one day not be fighting this or wish even knew what wrong feel like going mad sometimes or I am
    • Posted

Sometimes I don't want to go to sleep and hope that the ok feeling will stay with me through the next day xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.