anxiety and blurred vision...

Posted , 23 users are following.

I've posted a few lately. I suffer terribly most days if not everyday with anxiety and panic attack symptoms. Mostly chest pains which make me believe i have a heart issue...accompanied with fear of dying, arm pains, nausea, palpitations and headaches but I've noticed recently my eyes seem to play up too I can't focus properly everything seems quite blurred and almost a strain and part od me wants to just close my eyes but then I get scared and more panic sets in as I don't know what it will be like when I open them again. Does anyone else get problems with their eyes?

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I had this problem with the bluurry vision aswell, I still find it hard speecially in the night with the lights from lamp posts really weird.
    • Posted

Hi thanks for replying. Night time is definitely worse for me and i rarely drive at night now as like you say the light from lamp posts/being in the dark seems to make things so much harder
  • Posted

Yes this is normal for me, I either get blurred eyes, or very very focused eyes to where I notice everything.
    • Posted

Thanks for your message. I get the blurred vision now and then normally accompanied with either a strange heavy headache or just feeling a bit out of sorts. I do wear glasses anyway but even with glasses on it seems a problem
    • Posted

I also wear glasses! I tend to just keep my glasses off when I am having major anxiety or a panic attack, mine is usually accompanied by sore neck and tense muscles haha
    • Posted

I have the same thing but it's usually first distorted vision and then very focused like lines and detail really pop and my head feels so awful like heavy heavy headaces please contact me and let me know so I know what I can do to stop or control it !

• Posted

I would go and see an Opthamologist, your sight is nothing to fool around with.
  • Posted

There are muscles in your eyes as in other parts of your body. They can be affected by anxiety/tension causing trouble with vision. An optician told me this 40 years ago when I was diagnosed with anxiety and post natal depression. Try not to worry. I now have perfect eyesight for my age. E.
    • Posted

Thank you Elizabeth that's reassuring to know.

It's scary enough anyway but hate it when it affects my eyes

• Posted

Yes, I've defiantly has trouble with my eyes too. Like you said, some days they felt like they had a lot of pressure, some days blurry. But yep I've had same issues.
    • Posted

Thanks Whitney. It's a horrible feeling along with everything else. Just not had this before really not this bad anyway. Thanks for messaging it's reassuring to know I'm not alone
  • Posted

Hi just seen your post..are you still having visual problems now? 
    • Posted

Do you know how to find help with blurred vision from anxiety?
  • Posted

Hi Kerrianne. I've experienced the same problem lately especially when I'm driving. I have generalized anxiety disorder and I'm really streesed with this blurred vision.It has being a while now, have you being cured from it?
    • Posted

Hi tundra I too am struggling with this symptom really only when driving.night driving is worse. I started having anxiety issues about 3 years ago...while I was driving...I have always driven without any issues for over 40 years... now I hate getting in my car but have to get to work everyday. I know it's generalized too.i have been checked out by My GP, Gyno, optometrist,Opthamologist and audiologist , also Ent and had an MRI all normal thank god. I do have a hearing loss but it never effected my driving.  Will not go on meds. How are are your symptoms since you last posted? Just curious you are one of the first persons that have described what I have been experiencing. Please let me know if you have found a way of stopping this feeling. Would greatly appreciate any info.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.