anxiety and blurred vision...

Posted , 23 users are following.

I've posted a few lately. I suffer terribly most days if not everyday with anxiety and panic attack symptoms. Mostly chest pains which make me believe i have a heart issue...accompanied with fear of dying, arm pains, nausea, palpitations and headaches but I've noticed recently my eyes seem to play up too I can't focus properly everything seems quite blurred and almost a strain and part od me wants to just close my eyes but then I get scared and more panic sets in as I don't know what it will be like when I open them again. Does anyone else get problems with their eyes?

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I've got anxiety so bad I can barely leave the house now it's awful . Vision problems are my biggest problem it's like I'm high

Or really drunk I can't focus and feel off balance . I'm going to get my eyes tested to make sure it's nothing serious but I know it's the anxiety causing it because they are t bad until the anxiety kicks in . It would be great if anybody has suffered with this and beat it Tia .

• Posted

I'm with you it's scary and I hate it if you can give me a call I want to meet people with these issues to see what others are like so I know I'm not alone

• Posted

Hi Jordan, I've literally just had an episode of sorts, on my way to work, to which I've turned round and gone home. I noticed my eyes were blurry then shortly after I couldn't get my breath quick enough, then my heart started racing. I've had ecg scans, and a blood test, and everything was fine so I'm wondering if it is a panick attack, it lasted only seconds, this is my third one since last September. Where my first one was a horrible ecpoerience and I thought I was going to keel over, hence the ecg scan and blood tests, I am a born worrier and I used to drink alcohol 2 or 3 cans a night, so I'm thinking that could be a contributor in itself. I work full time and long hours too, so I'm going to phone the Dr's this morning even though I can guarantee there won't be any appointments, so I'll have to go along and sit and wait to be seen, but I am scared.

• Posted

This happened to me this morning when I was taking my son to school. It was so scary, I pulled over and almost had a panic attack. I am home now and the blurry vision has subsided. But I was really really scared
    • Posted

that happened to me yesterday and it felt like I was going to pass out. It was just a feeling of unreality.  I had major palpitations, panic attack and my eyes were out of focus while driving.  today it happened again but not as bad.   sad

• Posted

Hi Kerri-Anne I have exactly the same problem with my eyes all blurry and feel watery and sometimes close them but are worde when I open them I worry about them all the time making my anxiety worse. It is just anxiety related but ver worrying but I have just learnt to live with it but unfortunately had to give up driving because of it. I lost all my confidence. Take care

• Posted

I suffered with blurred vision 3 years ago from anxiety and it's an awful thing to have to put up with. I was on anxiety tablets and eventually when I excepted I had it my vision improved, 3 years on it's just come backsad however I'm pretty sure that this blurry vision is somehow associated with headaches as taking pain killers (anadin extra) is helping so I recommend people trying this. I've read a lot of comments on here but haven't seen any answers on how to get rid of this type of anxiety so any ideas please??

• Posted

I know this is an old post but this is EXACTLY what is happening to me. Did you ever find out what it was?

• Posted

It's definitely anxiety and nothing more, a month or so after I made this post I went back to the doctors and he prescribed me citalopram, with in a few weeks I felt an improvement and my vision is back to normal, I'm now suffering from headaches but only when I start thinking about them!! Sounds silly but u know what it's like having anxiety the more u think about it the worse it gets. I find keeping my mind busy helps a lot, personally if I don't think about my symptoms I basically don't have any (easier said then done) I'm having a constant mental battle but at the moment with the help of these tablets I seem to be winning. Try not to worry about ur vision the first time I had it I had a brain scan and everything was so paranoid something was wrong with me but it was anxiety! How long have u had ur blurry vision?

• Posted

Hey I’m dealing with this same problem, i thought i had all types of health issues, i went to the ER Like 5 days in a row! I would like to reach out to you for a little bit of coaching if your comfortable with that? Just need somebody who over fame it to tell me a few things about it.
  • Posted

Anxiety attacks can cause visual symptoms, though there may be another explanation. In an anxiety attack, the autonomic nervous system thinks that you are running for your life. The heart rate and blood pressure go up, which can cause many people to feel tightness in their chests, difficulty breathing, and headaches. The autonomic nervous system also controls the muscles surrounding the pupil of your eye, and sympathetic nerves (which are activated as part of the "fight-or-flight" response) cause the pupil to dilate (open wider). This allows more light in, but doesn't necessarily allow someone to focus his or her eyes and see fine detail clearly. Another possibility, though, is that your eyes are just tiring out. Asthenopia is a condition of eye fatigue that can result in blurry vision, headaches, and/or aching of the eyes. It can certainly happen while you spend hours in front of the computer or staring at a textbook, from constant contraction of muscles within the eye. Taking hourly breaks to focus on far-away objects can help people with asthenopia feel much better. Whatever the cause, you should believe that your symptoms are real, and if they persist, it is worth talking to your primary care doctor about them in detail, and possibly seeing an eye doctor. smile

• Posted

Fibromyalgia?  I have blurry vision, anxiety, depression, burning breast (so bad I cannot wear a bra), headaches, morning palpitations (I take atenolol)I also have problems with my neck herniated, degenerative, bone spurs - which surgeon wants to put in a plate and screws and I am scared to death of surgery.  I have been mention Fibromyalgia by my physical therapy - but I didn't give it much thought.  I just started Zoloft.

• Posted

How is the Zoloft so far? I have had multiple tests and nothing. My vision seems super sensitive. Like I feel like I’m struggling to see is dim lighting. And fluorescent lights seems to bother me. My optic nerves are inflamed and I’m extremely fatigued with headaches. 😩

• Posted

22 days into Zoloft and no miracles yet. I have problem driving highways to and from work. Blurry from sunlight bright and windshield glare. Feel dizzy and feel out of control and want to pull over. Especially when traffic is stopped or when its raining. I have no big issues driving local to my home. It's anxiety, I've been checked for everything else! Fear of not being in control. What it's and panic attacks are so super scary!!!

• Posted

Oh and I have twitching right eye too. Had eyes checked two weeks ago. All good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.