Anxiety and caffeine

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi girls just wanted to say I've had a set back this morning, I'm on sertraline for my anxiety that I got with the peri, I was feeling loads better after 2 weeks, I switched to decaf coffee at the same time as taking my tablets, bit this morning whilst I was dog sitting for a friend,I had 2 coffees that wasn't decaf, and an hour later had a massive anxiety attack, so fed up but now discovered caffeine definitely makes anxiety worse x

3 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yep, have noticed this myself. I can have only 1 coffee in the morning and that's it for the day - otherwise I'm bouncing off the walls in a really unpleasant way.

• Posted

How long does it take to wear off? Feel so bad right now x
    • Posted

I've noticed the same thing. I can only drink a half of a coffee, if I go past the half I regret it and feel horrible.

One thing I've noticed that helps it to stop is to eat some proteins, I'll eat a couple of eggs and it settles down quicker.

I hope you feel better.

• Posted

Im not positive, but it helps me, it's worth a try.

It's an awlful feeling when you are on a caffine overload. It's like I need the half of cup to sort of get out of the peri brain fog, but if I indulge in a full cup I turn into a freak, I talk really fast and can't keep on topic, can't sit still and have no consintration...mind you I can clean my whole house in an hour but if someone disturbs me Im snappy.

Coffee is not worth the bad feelings smile

• Posted

Drink Water water water Haley! You’ll feel better soon. Or take a s**t of tequila!  Work faster.lol be wellxo
  • Posted

Hi, I’ve been having horrible anxiety & sore joints, muscles for about 6 weeks now. I believe I’m Menopausal at this point as my Estrogen is below 10. FSH is very high around 170-180. 

I was given Divigel 1mg to apply on inside of thighs nightly and oral progesterone 100mg nightly. Also, xanax .25 up to 3 times daily as needed for Anxiety, 30 pills. I just got these 2 Days ago. I never thought I’d take HRT...but my life is out of control w these symptoms.  

I have been fatigued, losing weight and the anxiety is making me feel like I’ve lost my mind. 

Anyone else having severe anxiety while trying to figure out hormones?! I’m becoming increasingly anxious and not functioning.  Caffeine has been cut out for over a month now. I’m just a wreck and not functioning...my poor kids and husband. 

• Posted

Aw Hun I really feel for you, maybe u should opt for the hrt it's gotta be better than all your symptoms xx

• Posted

Hi t7

I also feel for you as its as if im reading about myself.......

weight loss, anxiety, my son sad to me this morning :Mom why does your face look SO SAD!!" OMG mom whats wrong?

These kind of things are what really bring me down, and breaks my heart. and make me sadder than ever. No dad to fall back on, so yeah...its a party.

No

we havent lost our minds we are just passing through turbulence on a plane ride that has to go on as long as it chooses.

xoxo

• Posted

Hi there..I have crippling anxiety at moment..post Meno nine years..bloody hate it...was ok going thru Meno didn't even notice went to drs after not having period for a year and Dr said you be been thru it..I think if your an anxious person anyway it triples during hormone fluctuations..I'm getting nite sweats now..never had them nine years ago or before that..strange...I don't do caffeine.just drink plenty of water..and keep in mind anxiety cannot kill us..in fact it keeps us safe...it's the thoughts we attach to the feeling that is the problem..keep well

• Posted

Thanks H,

I did start HRT. I’m hoping it kicks in soon. Does anyone know how long the HRT takes...im sure it’s diff for everyone. I’m also going tomorrow to a therapist who deals in anxiety and am hoping some talk therapy will help me muddle my my along. I’m not well. 

• Posted

hi..please let us know how the hrt works for you   I felt well for a good few months and thought i was coming through all this but I have everything back again this last few weeks.  I know how you feel,
  • Posted

Haley,

I too stopped having anxiety after stopping caffeine. I switched back to organic de caffeinated green tea. It also ended the bad bloating and belching. I still have other peri symptoms but those were big ones that I was happy to say goodbye too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.