Anxiety and feeling faint

Posted , 26 users are following.

I have had anxiety for 10 years, I wasn't originally depressed but become very low because of the ongoing anxiety knocking my confidence down to zero. I can understand and get my head around the nervous feelings and constant daily anxiety but it is when I feel faint that it really gets me down, this is like another feeling entirely. It feels like you can't concentrate on what you are doing, you feel unsteady and as if you are ready to fall to the floor, afterwards I feel very cold, tired and shaky and it can take hours for me to feel right. This adds to the daily anxiety as it is frustrating, sometimes when it happens, I can't really say I am anxious at that moment until this feeling comes over me and then I just get down because I wander if I can ever live a carefree life again without constantly getting this. It hadn't happened for a few months until this week, I thought I was getting there but this has set me back. I have been on ad's for 8 months although I feel they have done little for the anxiety, they may have lifted my mood slightly but that could have just been time and and talking??

Does anyone else have this as part of anxiety or could it be a seperate issue? I have had blood tests for everything - all clear and ecg for rapid heart rate but this came back ok and heart rate is due to the tablets.

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm 29 and this hit my hard the last 6 months. I went to a therapist. Problem solved. Naturally we feel fight/flight in these situations. Study the concert of mindfulness. Observe feelings with accepting them. Make space in your mind for them. Do not fight them but let them exist. Observe them but don't think about them. Just let them sit there. Breathe as if you are breathing to the thought or pain in your mind

Accept these thoughts and know they are OK and can exist in your mind. Breathe to them. Don't fight or flight from them.

This healed me. I do breathing exercises and other observant exercise. Stare at an object and don't think about it. Just observe it and use your senses to explore it. This is a great thing that changed my life back to normal

• Posted

*Concept of mindfulness
  • Posted

I can relate, have you found anything to make it better?..pls let me know

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.