Anxiety and night sweats help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am 38 yrs old , about 3 months ago I got really I'll loss of appetite and didn't know why, I had a colonoscopy , endoscopy blood work and finally a hida scan found out gallbladder wasn't functions long story short I started getting nights sweats I had surgery on Monday to remove gallbladder I thought my symptoms would be gone , during all this time I got anxiety I don't know if that was what triggered my loss of appetite,so I was prescribed lorezapam and finally able to eat once I take it, I still have night sweats and that gets me more worried I start thinking I have cancer because of all the night sweats and loss of appetite, and of course I get more anxiety!! So question does anyone else get night sweats and if so how long does it take for it to go away? I can't wait to be normal again 😢

0 likes, 82 replies

82 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Are you menopausal at all Hun
    • Posted

Nope they did some blood work and they said it was normal... So again I freak out thinking negative... Fearing the worst.
    • Posted

Night sweats can be a symptom of anxiety yes, the more you worry about it though - the longer its likely to last unfortunately. If your doctors are happy there's no underlying reason for them,then try to take reassurance from that
    • Posted

The other lady has posted I've never had them only when I was in peri menopause and I've had severe anxiety for years but I suppose everyone can't get different symptoms I also had my gall bladder removed best thing I ever had done 👍🏼
    • Posted

I try to be positive and I just can't function, this is horrible....
    • Posted

It is still early days from surgery Hun give yourself some time to recouprate it's a big operation. Try and work on your confidence I know it's easier said than done but I've been so much with this anxiety depression s...t for years and it does improve do you have family and friends to talk to Hun
    • Posted

I am really scared especially cause I get the sweats every night..
    • Posted

Thank you , I try to take reassurance and on top of my anxiety I just found out a friend has stage 4 cancer, so that gave me more of a scare since this friend was always going to the hospital.
  • Posted

did you suffer with night sweats before anxiety? x
    • Posted

Yes, I was always a worry wart but never prescribed anything, the night sweats started a month after loosing my appetite.. This is horrible to think it can be cancer scares me...
    • Posted

Why do you think it's cancer Hun ? Anxiety makes us always think of bad bad things wrong with us.
    • Posted

That is what has me so confused. I think to myself if its anxiety that is causing my symptoms or if they are even real... I try to think positive but it's hard.. I think its cancer because I got to sick so sudden, but what worries me more are the night sweats..
    • Posted

For 3 months lost appetite then approx a month later night sweats... Had a lot of tests nothing has been found except for the gallbladder that was removed on Monday...
    • Posted

So is that not enough Hun to put your mind at rest tbh if it was cancer you would be going downhill very fast Hun but you have had the tests I'd try and boost your confidence Hun will help you so much xxx read up on everything you can find about anxiety it really helps xx
    • Posted

Yes, I read up and end scaring myself.. I try to putt it in Gods hands and have faith but its so hard 😢
    • Posted

Please don't be scared if you was ill the doctors would have found out by now I'm in a cancer scare myself now with womb cancer but I'm trying to think positive I'm sure you are totally fine anxiety causes many problems xx
    • Posted

That's exactly what I tell myself, they would have found something by now... Thank you for such kind words... Oh no you are too?? What's going on?
    • Posted

My womb lining is to think and abnormal only found out yesterday so got to go in for op and tests
    • Posted

Your be fine Hun the human body is amazing especially when your in your prime you will be fine kick back relax and build that confidence up 😍
    • Posted

How old are you? It has to be horrible to go thru this, I have family but I think my anxiety is breaking it I have 5 kids and my husband. My husband can't seem to understand what I'm going thru so it has put a strain on our relationship. Do you have family
    • Posted

I really hope this is just a scare and just anxiety... Not that anxiety is easy but at least I know I'll live.
    • Posted

Yep 2 boys 33 and 14 a hubby a disabled mother that lives with me I care for 24/7 3 rescued dogs and a 7 year old granddaughter lol my hubby has lived thru me and stood by me as I've been ill for years and years but I like to share my experiences as still cope with it after all this time x
    • Posted

Well , the husband doesn't understand how or why I think its cancer... And how anxiety can take you to places that you don't want to go...
    • Posted

Mine didn't and told me he didn't understand it but we have been together since I was 18 I'm 53 now lol so he has had plenty of time to get used to it lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.