Anxiety and night sweats help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am 38 yrs old , about 3 months ago I got really I'll loss of appetite and didn't know why, I had a colonoscopy , endoscopy blood work and finally a hida scan found out gallbladder wasn't functions long story short I started getting nights sweats I had surgery on Monday to remove gallbladder I thought my symptoms would be gone , during all this time I got anxiety I don't know if that was what triggered my loss of appetite,so I was prescribed lorezapam and finally able to eat once I take it, I still have night sweats and that gets me more worried I start thinking I have cancer because of all the night sweats and loss of appetite, and of course I get more anxiety!! So question does anyone else get night sweats and if so how long does it take for it to go away? I can't wait to be normal again 😢

0 likes, 82 replies

82 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

micaela thats exactly how i am at the moment... had night sweats and all sorts... but that is definately anxiety symptom without a doubt! i hve pelvis pain and lower back ache for 4 months and been bed bound with depression over it... just cant seem to stop the anxiety making me feel i have cancer... my family are broken seeing me like this ... i just cant do anything not really even function... all i do is cry convinced i am dying .. its just awful... so i totally understand where ur at xx
    • Posted

Have you had help from your doctor Hun with medication as no one should have to suffer like that in this day and age
    • Posted

Omg!!!! Really Jassy!!! You made me cry! I'm not alone?!!! Thats exactly how I feel.. Bed bound crying can't function thinking its the worst, do you have night sweats?
    • Posted

How old are you Hun if you don't mind me asking
    • Posted

I am on buspar and lorezapam . its the only way I can eat if I take a lorezapam I can eat anything.. But if not no appetite and stress all day, insomnia ugh!
    • Posted

Hang in there it will get better Hun x I was hospitalised at my worse but won't go into detail as its not nice but there is hope you will improve xx
    • Posted

When you say bed bound means you don't get up to go toilet is that you ladies ?
    • Posted

No I do get around but I can't function. So I lay in bed... Depressed
    • Posted

I was sectioned and still got out of bed you really need to look at yourself write plans do little things daily you said you have children who looks after them ?
    • Posted

Yea I get around my kids are ages 22,21,17, 15 and a four yr old I do take care of them I gotta admit with the Lil one it gets hard he requires a lot of attention...
    • Posted

I can see why your hubby is not understanding as if your just giving in and going to bed you need to find something within and drag yourself out to try and live a normal life as much as you can even if you can make it to the sofa I weighed 5stone had a baby and still survived you will be ok but you have to change your thinking pattern
    • Posted

I know, I have to! But damn its hard, I don't sleep I just can't function that is how bad my anxiety is.
    • Posted

I totally understand I assure you but what medication you on you won't do this alone at this level of anxiety hun
    • Posted

Have you ever had post natal depression either ?
    • Posted

That's is no way near enough to help you Hun please go back to your doctor and discuss how you actually are xx
    • Posted

yes babe i do... i am living in fear of my life.. i have a 9 year old little boy and husband that is having to do everything... i just cant function ... am convinced i am dying ... am terrified ... i just cant see any way out ... how long u been going through this? xx
    • Posted

yes caz i am starting tabs tomoro... and starting cbt therapy.. i am in a terrible mess and cant see a way out .. its awful xx
    • Posted

Neither of you need to suffer this please go to your doctors the new SSRIS are amazing will be a new least of life for you both xx
    • Posted

I've been worse than both of you totally lost it admist depression and anxiety where I was sectioned at 5 😘 Stone couldn't say my name medication is deffo the way to recovery x
    • Posted

For the sake of balance I have to say that's a bit misleading. Medication for anx or depression is generally for short term use and in many can be a very unpleasant experience. They can help some,but they can also make others worse
    • Posted

Have they warned you that you will feel worse before you feel better Hun
    • Posted

We are really going thru the same thing... I'm so glad I'm not alone in this
    • Posted

I've been ill 39 years with anxiety depression I still take medication as long as I can function is the main thing hun
    • Posted

I've been ill 39 years with anxiety depression I still take medication as long as I can function is the main thing hun
    • Posted

its minus 1 here... freezing.... am glad with the night sweats!! how amazing california i can imagine its a beautiful place....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.