Anxiety and/or Chronic Fatigue?

Posted , 49 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am new to this/any health forum and am looking to share experiences and perhaps pick a few brains on Anxiety and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

I definitely have anxiety and am now wondering if I also have CFS. Or maybe something else?

Brief list of symptoms...

Fatigue (groggy & heavy type tiredness)

Brain Fog

Feeling detached and 'spaced out'

Muscle weakness (especially in extremities and legs)

Sensitive to light and sound

Sometimes feels like I have flu or a bad virus (although I know I haven't)

Feels like I sometimes have a lump in my throat

Light headed

Light dizziness

Easily tired out

There are a few more general symptoms, but the more I read my lengthy list of symptoms, the worse I feel! Ha ha :-D

Brief History...

I have had anxiety issues on and off for many years and also hormone induced migraines. This year the migraines are definitely worse and so too is the anxiety. I had an 8 day brutal migraine early/mid September, followed by 8 days of severe brain fog/fuzzy head. I haven't been the same since. I'm also wondering if my symptoms are migraine related? I've had 2 full blood tests done and 2 urine samples taken. All came back normal/clear and healthy. I've also been to see an ENT consultant and he has ruled out an inner ear virus. He also checked my throat and balance. I had a full eye examination last week and my eyes are in great shape. I have an MRI booked next week and am also waiting an app have an ECG recorder fitted for 48 hours. I have not yet seen a neurologist or anyone else. My Doctor is saying it is all down to anxiety.

Is anybody experiencing anything similar? I feel more anxious not knowing what is happening to my own body!

Any replies/advice would be greatly appreciated... x

7 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi guys,

this is literally me!

i need your help!

Okay I've been searching all my symptoms forever and finally I feel it's maybe all down to anxiety. 6 months ago I had a very bad experience with a drug where I had extreme panic attacks and I thought I died and so much happened that day the ambulance came and everything. So after that night I was never the same. I would often get panick attacks and have constant anxiety and thoughts of death would make me so panicked I would experience sweaty hands, cold sensations, heart palpitations and extreme fear. So now that has improved a lot since last year however I could feel I was getting fatigue over time for no apparent reason. ir wasn't until last month I had a viral Infection which was so bad. I mean it was really bad I thought I had some very bad disease which would kill me (again death thoughts). I went to the A&e three times in such a panic. Had blood tests done and it was all clear. Been to the gp like every week and they said I was fine too after taking bloods and urine samples. I also thought I may have an sti so I got checked at a sexual health clinic and again tests came out all clear. 

So my viral infection started I then experienced night sweats, chills, disorientation, shortness of breath, a lump in my upper neck, Photophobia, panic, fever, extreme body aches and extreme fatigue and extreme dizziness. This lasted 3 whole weeks and every time I would get all sorts of symptoms. So I would panic and go to the gp and sometimes A&E and all they said was it's just an viral infection. Plus before my infection I was constipated and I had bowel problems too. 

I'm still not well my fatigue (which included aching upper arms and legs) has not gone neither have my headache and I occasionally get dizziness and short of breath.My body feels like it's giving up on me. I'm in extreme pain even at this moment. Maybe then I'll be in peace that it's nothing serious and it's all down to my anxiety. I hope it is. However I don't know how to tackle it either.  

I hope this helped and if anyone has experienced something similar please contact me.

Thank you 

• Posted

I don't get chills etc but I do get the anxiety lump in throat sometimes like some one squeezing it. Lightheadedness and tension headaches are my worst snd most persistent problem a year now and it's everday my doc says it's all anxiety but I have got an xray booked and s physio in jan to see if maybe anything else. I've been put on sertraline but reluctant to take them until other other things have been ruled out. But yours sounds like anxiety/ panic disorder and you cpuld do with getting sertraline prescribed. It does have its issues when u start takeing it as a family member on it for a while now. But she swears by it. But usually 50mg start dose id advise 25mg for s few days to start. Cut the tablet in half.

• Posted

I feel your pain carlacupcake. I too deal with depression, anxiety and a sleep disorder (sleep apnea). My advice is to build yourself up from the bottom on up and that begins with sleep. A good nights sleep for some is a tough task but it's rewards will eventually get you to where you envision yourself. Not 1or 2 nights in a row, strive for a week straight and so on. Things will slowly change in your favor as a result. More energy to focus on the next step in your recovery. Less anxiety and depression will follow when you get proper sleep. I do take Xanax before bed 1mg and it does the job for me. No hangover, no lying in bed worrying and endless thinking. Once you get to stage 2 I would 100% encourage you to exercise. It may seem impossible now, but when you are fully rested and relaxed EXERCISE is the next best thing to sleep. But 1st things 1st , work on getting good sleep my friend.

• Posted

I'm feeling the very same thing, light headeche , dizzy and crampling , tired.

please share should you find help.

• Posted

Hi o yes for a year now. I dont get the leg tierdness etc but most of the rest. Ive had 5ecg's normal doctors said its anxiety. I'm taking propanolol 80mg per day but yes it does help with anxiety but not my main issues which are the light headedness etc. If you have found a solution please advise would be very grateful..

• Posted

Hey there,

I am curious about any updates. Feeling very tired myself too.

• Posted

Hi, I seem to be suffering a lot of the symptoms you are mentioning. I am still having regular periods but very heavy. My Gp thinks I could be menopausal m. Is there anything that you did that helped ur symptoms?
  • Posted

I am going through the exact same thing all the symptoms you have I'm having

• Posted

Hi All,

Not sure whats going on with me but I have suffered with poor sleep for years but I've only managed to quantify it in the last year after being able to monitor my sleep. Although I've had a sleep clinic I've still not been told the results yet. Anyway, currently Iam recovering from having my gallbladder removed but have noticed that my pulse has been rising 'day on day' since the op and I have been getting a 'muzzy' head and what feels like bruised eyes/or muscles etc. around them. O'm not sure whether it is:-

1. Just part of the recovery process?

2. Have I been doing to much post op.?

3. Is it just anxiety due to starting back to work next week ?

4. Some other underlying problem which is resurfacing ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.