Anxiety and/or Chronic Fatigue?

Posted , 49 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am new to this/any health forum and am looking to share experiences and perhaps pick a few brains on Anxiety and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

I definitely have anxiety and am now wondering if I also have CFS. Or maybe something else?

Brief list of symptoms...

Fatigue (groggy & heavy type tiredness)

Brain Fog

Feeling detached and 'spaced out'

Muscle weakness (especially in extremities and legs)

Sensitive to light and sound

Sometimes feels like I have flu or a bad virus (although I know I haven't)

Feels like I sometimes have a lump in my throat

Light headed

Light dizziness

Easily tired out

There are a few more general symptoms, but the more I read my lengthy list of symptoms, the worse I feel! Ha ha :-D

Brief History...

I have had anxiety issues on and off for many years and also hormone induced migraines. This year the migraines are definitely worse and so too is the anxiety. I had an 8 day brutal migraine early/mid September, followed by 8 days of severe brain fog/fuzzy head. I haven't been the same since. I'm also wondering if my symptoms are migraine related? I've had 2 full blood tests done and 2 urine samples taken. All came back normal/clear and healthy. I've also been to see an ENT consultant and he has ruled out an inner ear virus. He also checked my throat and balance. I had a full eye examination last week and my eyes are in great shape. I have an MRI booked next week and am also waiting an app have an ECG recorder fitted for 48 hours. I have not yet seen a neurologist or anyone else. My Doctor is saying it is all down to anxiety.

Is anybody experiencing anything similar? I feel more anxious not knowing what is happening to my own body!

Any replies/advice would be greatly appreciated... x

7 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hello cupcake, 

I have all your systems and i think this isn't going to help :-( im tired and bet you are too and I feel you should raise the bar and get realistic answers! Ive heard them all ie; Get God in my life, do yoga, mediate go holistic! Guess what some kind of chemical imbalance is happening so I suggest go have your blood work done and see a profossional for im at my wits in and doing that as im typing this!  I had major tramactic brain injury and I do hope this is understandable but I do know how you feel and get help before its to late <3 professional="" help="" and="" never="" give="" up="" and="" don't="" listen="" to="" the="" ones="" who="" try="" to="" make="" you="" feel="" youre="" just="" crazy="" for="" honesty?="" we="" might="" be="" but="" at="" the="" same="" time?="" we="" can="" feel="" different="" and="" live="" life="" like="" all="" should="" and="" that="" is="" not="" having="" these="" systems="" ..="" hugs="" and="" best="" of="" luck="" to="" you=""><3 faith hope and trust will get you there..  faith="" hope="" and="" trust="" will="" get="" you="">

• Posted

Hi Linda

Just picked up your message - thank you for your reply! Yes I'm going back to GP to further discuss and get more answers. Changes made to my diet, a few supplements and lifestyle changes have also helped. How are you getting on? x 

• Posted

Hello der!! (Carlacupcake)

I have been into Excatly ...I mean exactly the same condition since last few months..lack of energy and feeling of being detached.. Even I went through every single test which turned to be normal... did u find any specific cause? I'm sure you have went through some emotional trauma before the onset of your problem. Might be we can help each other smile

• Posted

Hi all...

I would just like to put my two cents in.  From someone who also suffers from anxiety.  

Many of you have stated that you have taken antibiotics.  I would suggest that you go back and check to see what antibiotics they were.  Five years ago I took Cipro and have been on a climb fighting for my health every since.  EVERY symptom you state here I have/had.  I have come a long way, but am left with major anxiety that spirals at times.  Now being that time!

Check out Fluoroquinolone  (FQ) toxicity and see if you relate.  I took Cipro, but other FQs are levaquin, Avelox...so many more.  I only took four pills and it's been hell.  Cronic fatique, muscle pain weakness/wasting, eye issues, nerve issues, anxiety being one of the worst for me at times, heart issues....list goes on.  Some have discovered through their journey, they've been diagnosed with Lymes.   Everyone's severity is different, but there is never a 'cure' all.  I hope this sheds some light on some issues you may be experiencing and why.  Espeically when doctors can't give you any answers.  All my best to you.  xo

• Posted

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry this is happening to you as well, but I also sighed of relief that I'm not going crazy or dying. I thought I was the only one. I have the dizziness, foggy brain, foggy(almost slow motion blurry) vision-which may be the dizziness, and I'm tired all the time. I could sleep for 12 hours if I didn't get hungry or need to pee (lol). I'm sorry that you have to go through this as well. It's really truly awful.
  • Posted

hi i know how you feel everything you explained sounds exactly like what im going thru its feels like my strength is being taken away from me every morning i getb up im beat feeling very light headed brain is blocked up im not thinking straight i stretch every day and all thru the day i feel so tight in my back and legs very sleepy all day i do excercising and take vitamins its kills me so bad when i take hot showers i feel the same way you do whats is there to do my doctors did lab test and i seen and ent i just stated getting the cloged throat feeling like somethings in my throats sleepy once i leave out drainesd pain and weakness in my body all day my strength goes right out the door i have arthtitis and this plays a serious part in this ent say i have nothing wrong what can i do to release some of this fatigue chronic pain its killing me every day what can i do
  • Posted

I know this is an old thread but I am replying because I am a guy and I can relate because I am going through something very similar now.

I didn't have anxiety, but I am naturually a controlling person, particularly when it comes to my personal health. Before my recent symptoms, I had actually overdone physical training and ended up injuring myself in 4 different places. The I started getting those horrible symptoms.

What I can say is that the internet fuels my anxiety and worries me beyond reason. Subsequently I get so depressed and all my symptoms (I have all what you have + more) get worse. Then my IBS flares up and next thing you know it I am a complete wreck that can barely stand up.

It is hard to not go about googling your symptoms and then reading the horror stories people face.

I consolidate myself with this: the majority of people active on forums are those who a- have plenty of time b- have had it worst. Because their situation is unfortunately very bad, they are staying at home and thus they have plenty of time to write on their own experiences. This in turn creates a false illusion that the majority of people with whatever you think you have are all stuck in bed and need carers. Yes some of them do, but read up on the numbers.

Next, unforutunately, most people who DO get better, dont really go back to these outlets to share their stories. This is because they are partly traumautized, and also because they dont want to think of anything related to their illness again. So the internet doesn't have much happy stories.

Long story short, take it day by day and try to stay positive and stay clear from anywhere where people share "stories". I am guilty of not abiding by this advice. But there are days when I am busy and dont have time to crawl the interent. These are the best days ever and for a while my symptoms ease. Then I am back. 

Also it is important to speak to people around you. Real faces bring a different prespective. Doctors dont help much with these things. Alternative medicine is too "dogmatic" if you know what I mean. It is too strict and requires plenty of mental stamina. Best thing is to just love yourself and give yourself a fighting chance.

• Posted

definately 100% no doubt without question undenially positively FIBROMYALGIA is the diagnosis
  • Posted

Try checking into Fibromyalgia. See the book "what your doctor may not tell you about fibromyalgia"
  • Posted

You have fibro definitely.  Have been living your life since late 90s. I was deficient in magnesium, Vit d, potassium.  Something Drs don't think to test on.  I found a great kinsanologist....can't spell that, use hooked on phonics here...they will know how to treat naturally & they found the deficiencies plus meditation, yoga, and to sleep & relieve pain use tart red cherry juice over yogurt or ice cream...do not drink it's pretty sour.  Relaxes you, eases pain, will be able to sleep.  And join a fibro site-blog...if interested I will send you one I follow.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.