anxiety and panic attacks!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. I suffer from health anxiety previously mentioned in another post. Im constantly worrying something is seriously wrong with me all the time. About 2 months ago i coughed up a tiny bit of blood from bursting a blood vessel this has really scared me and now i think the worst ive had an x ray and that came back clear but i think they have missed something or now i have throat cancer. This worrying sets off a panic attack . All my throat goes tight, im constantly putting my fingers in my mouth to see if im bleeding again. And constantly coughing to try and clear my throat as it feels like there is something there all the time. I m at my witts end. I just want to feel normal again. Im on propanolol and citalopram.

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How are you feeling today? (((hugs)))
    • Posted

Hi. I feel a bit nervous today and have a flutter in my tummy. It could be from the panic attack last night. X
    • Posted

I think you're right there. Focus on your breathing - some deep, slow breaths will help.x
    • Posted

I think you're right there. Focus on your breathing - some deep, slow breaths will help.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.