Anxiety and panic attacks!! Constantly feeling like I'm dying??

Posted , 28 users are following.

Please can someone relate to my story I'm 23 always worrying about my health don't get much sleep at night last night I went to bed feeling fine then my heart felt like it was missing a beat i then started to worry then I just had like adrenalin feeling rushing through me it really scared me I've just had a bad panic attack literally thought I was dying its horrible I have been on sertraline for nearly 2 weeks will the AD make my symptoms worse at first? I won't leave my house because I'm too scared of having a panic attack in constantly worrying about my health does anybody else feel like this? Help!!

2 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I feel for you mate I know how it is...I met someone recentley who I really care about and I have messed it up with my anxiety and panic.. I am so down and gutted it makes it feel worse.. I am also scared of leaving my house in my new car as alot of people round here seem not to like me for how I was in the past. Stay strong if you need a chat inbox me 
    • Posted

It's awful I have a 3 year old to look after aswell he goes to school 3 days a week and I take him to the park every evening so I make sure I'm still getting him out the house I'm just sick of this feeling now just want to feel normal again
    • Posted

I am afraid that I suffer from exactly the same as you and have done so for years, however, it is not always out of control.

I worry about anything and everything and have health anxities and am constantly thinking that I am about to die.

I do feel for you.

• Posted

Yes this is just how I felt for many years I overcome this by saying so what to the panick attacks I was not going to give it power over me as soon as I did this the panick attacks stopped because I wasn't trying to fight them but learnt not to fear them I don't even think about panick attacks anymore I am now practising on living for today I he this helps
  • Posted

Hi Kezzi1986 I know exactly how you feel. I was diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder a few years back. I have had panic attacks and that started me to worry about my health .I worry so much it can prevents me from leaving the house. I worry about everything non stop (what ifs).Somedays I feel like something bad Was going to happen.Then life can look grey and depression creeps in. I eventually sort help.i couldn't take anti depressants because they actually made me worse so I had talking therapy.i went for quite a while thinking what will talking do. But I realised what I was doing to myself and I haven't looked back. My anxiety still creeps in but I reconize it and use the tricks I have learnt.if I was cured I wouldn't be writing this but if I can help in anyway let me know. sometimes I feel I'm alone and no one understands even though I have a husband who's great and two beautiful children it can be a real battle and I do understand. What causes you to panic?
  • Posted

You have to tell yourself that you have been through this before and you can do again. You have to fully belive this 100% and in that moment you will eventually get through it. I a, struggling lately as well. I thought i figured it all out then biut five weeks ago it strted up. You can do this! Thats what i keep telling myself as well. And i sty in the moment and only in the moment which makes time go so slow but it helps. Anxiety cbt for dummies is a good book and anxiety guru podcast of itunes i find helpful.i have a hard time finding meds cause they for some reason depress me to a point i havent been able to use some, haventt tried all. Im going back on buspar and hoping it takes the edge off enough to be able to self talk myself through them rapidly. I hve founf unless a person expeierenced this nowy they understand it all.i and i am sure everyine with panic attacks have health anxiety, unfortuntely i have issues so it makes it rough but even with health issues you know its a panic attack.i frel like its a curse and i get scared im going to just go to a place nd then theyll gie me whatever drug to shut me up and not care if i have side effects or not. So yea this is hard, but it is doable and people do learn now to manage it. At some point your body will exhaust itself. I tend to get it in the mornings lately and i try so hard to do something productive. One moment at a time. Very important to learn to belly breathe and keep telling yourself it is a panic attack and it will pass and you can do this.hang in there you are not alone. We will all somehow at sometime manage this and look back and be so proud ine day. I hope.
    • Posted

Thanks everybody for your replies hopefully one day I will wake up feeling my normal self again anxiety and panic attacks are horrible I wouldn't wish them on my worse enemy
  • Posted

I understand you completely kezzi that's how I feel it's good to hear other people talk about how they feel you know your not crazy and it is a real illness I used to be such a strong person brought up 4 fantastic kids have a brilliant husband had a great job that I have had to give up due to my anxiety and depression I find it so difficult to go out and don't often anymore I feel like I'm a failure and more of a hindrance to my family they are very patient and sympathetic I just wish I could wave a magic wand and be me again xxx
    • Posted

It's a horrible thing i just hope I start to feel normal the only time I feel normal is when I have alcohol and I can't keep drinking all the time i am contantly thinking I have something wrong keep putting my hand in my heart thinking its beating too slow or too fast it's awful I hate it thanks for commenting I know I'm not alone in all this thank u xx
  • Posted

I'm sorry you're going through this and I know how you feel. I suffered from anxiety attacks since December 2013. I was going through some old papers and all of a sudden my heart started racing and I couldn't catch my breath and all I kept thinking was something is wrong with me am I going to die? Then in the last 5/6 months I started having these health anxiety attacks every other month then every other week then every other day and within the past 2/3 months I was having them everyday along with chest pains! I was miserable, I had gone to the hospital in November 2014 and they told me since I'm only 27 I'm yoo young to be having any heart problems or anything I had an ekg done and a chest xray and a ct scan of my head because they probably thought I was nuts and everything came back fine the doctors gave me a script for zanax and sent me on my way. I woke up on the morning of Friday, January 2nd, 2015 with pain in my ribs on my right side all the way up to my chest even in my neck and it felt like I broke my ribs it hurt to take in breaths. I knew I had to go to work so I did, came home, went to my in laws later, came back home, in pain the entire time so I figured I must just need some rest and went to sleep. I woke up the next morning Sat., 1.3.15 at 530am in excruciating pain! I was sipping air, taking the smallest breaths possible and it was unbearably painful. I got some clothes on and drove myself to a different hospital than I had back in Nov. I went to the ER told the doctor my symptoms he ran some test which included a dye injection CT Scan. He came back with the results and said that I have blood clots in both lungs or Pulmonary Embolisms and my right lung was totally ecluded meaning full of blood clots causing an infarction in that lung because the clots had blocked blood flow to it. I was immediately started on a heparin drip which is a blood thinner and stayed in the hospital for 5 days being discharged with pain meds and lovenox injections which is another blood thinner and warfarin or coumadin pills which is yet another blood thinner to get my clotting levels up. Luckily I don't have to take the shots anymore because I'm therapeutic now after getting my blood tested weekly to check my levels. I'm saying all that to say this, don't just believe that you are having health anxiety attacks for no reason especially if it isn't a normal thing. Go to the doctor, or the ER and get checked out. The doctors told me that if I hadn't have come in when I did the situation could have been life threatening because from the looks of the CT Scan my blood clots have been there for a while and that PEs cause anxiety attacks. By the grace and mercy of God I'm still here with my family, my husband, my children and my friends. Listen to your body.
  • Posted

Thanks for that!! That's made me feel a lot better!! Not!!
  • Posted

I now have a shooting pain in my left shoulder it comes and goes?? Has anyone else had this I'm so scared I'm dying please?
  • Posted

Hi kezzi I'm sorry but your reply to someone's last post made me laugh sorry have you been to a doctor?
    • Posted

Hi yes I have been to the docs and hospital I had a ecg last Sunday and it was fine just my heart beat was really fast but that was because I was having a panic attack I'm so scared it's awful thanks for commenting xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.