Anxiety and panic attacks!! Constantly feeling like I'm dying??

Posted , 28 users are following.

Please can someone relate to my story I'm 23 always worrying about my health don't get much sleep at night last night I went to bed feeling fine then my heart felt like it was missing a beat i then started to worry then I just had like adrenalin feeling rushing through me it really scared me I've just had a bad panic attack literally thought I was dying its horrible I have been on sertraline for nearly 2 weeks will the AD make my symptoms worse at first? I won't leave my house because I'm too scared of having a panic attack in constantly worrying about my health does anybody else feel like this? Help!!

2 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

good so you know it's panic you will be fine it will pass you need to occupy yourself I know it's hard I really do xxx
    • Posted

I know but I still feel like I'm dying I cant even leave my house any little pain I get I think it's something serious I hate it I just want to be happy again x
  • Posted

Trust me when I tell you I'm way too familiar with panic and anxiety I've been dealing with this for about 7 years I'm 23 just like yourself you aren't alone I was fine for years until a few months ago I've been anxious an panicking for no reason trust me you can beat this it may eventually come back but it's not a death situation tell, yourself if panic did kill wouldn't you be dead by now ? I know it's hard to try an relax no matter who tells you you're ok I've been to countless doctors had ekgs ecgs you name it I've had it an nothing everything is normal. you'll get through this it takes time and a lot of effort but this thing won't get the best of you try taking a bubble bath or breathe an relax In a quiet place or do something that really interest you an will take your mind off of the panic don't hesitate to ask anything
  • Posted

Sorry I didn't mean to scare you or make your anxiety worse with my story! But what did help me when I was having panic attacks is refocusing my mind on positive things, telling myself I'm fine, taking in deep breaths and exhaling slowly, or taking a walk or just laying down on the floor or in the bed and close my eyes and just relax. You've already gone to the doctor and everything is okay so just keep telling yourself you're fine or you'll be okay and you will be!
  • Posted

Woke up feeling awful this morning just don't feel like I'm here feel so tired even though I had a good night sleep I bougt some rescue remedy yesterday but doesn't seem to help I just want to wake up feeling good I'm so upset with this anxiety can anyone relate to this? X
  • Posted

I can totally relate kezzi I wish that I could wake up one morning and feel like I used to be able to go to work do all the things I used to do instead of making excuses not to get out of bed I never leave the house anymore for fear of passing out with me it's not so much the fast heart rate it's the feeling I get in my head dizziness, burning , blurred vision does anyone else get these symptoms with panic I'm convinced that there's some thing else wrong with me !!! 

• Posted

It's so horrible I never leave my house neither I was ment to go for a walk this morning and I didn't go because of the way I felt it's so horrible I just never want to get out of bed I feel terrible everyday and have done for the last 7 weeks it's horrible I get pains in my chest in my left arm in terrified I'm just going to dye I don't cook anymore my appetite has completely gone which I don't mind as I need to loose a bit of weight anyway I have been on sertraline for 2 weeks now maybe it's the side effects making me feel like this!??? X
    • Posted

Wow you explained exactly how I feel! I thought I was the only person that had those kinds of symptoms but it's good to see that I'm not alone! I've been telling my family for weeks that there has to be something else wrong with me because there is no way that anxiety can make me feel like this, especially every day! But I see there are others that have the same terrible feelings.....are you taking any medication?
  • Posted

I'm the same I've lost 2 stone since September and believe me that's massive for me as I've been big all my life and struggled to lose weight I'm supposed to of started sertraline but am to scared to I'm on my own all the time and am so worried about side effects I take propranolol 40 mg 3times a day they help but make my dizziness worse I find that if I do things to distract me I don't feel to bad but there's only so much house work you can do !!!! I really wish I could go back to work I miss my old job but I can't see that happening as I can't even get out the front door will I ever feel normal people keep telling you to hang in there but it's so hard  
    • Posted

I'm exactly the same it's nice to know I'm not alone in all this I have a 3 year old son aswell so I find it difficult I just wish I could get out the house more with him anxiety is horrible I've suffered for years but had a family bereavement a while back and it's just got worse since then it's awful I just want to be happy again I have a boyfriend but he doesn't really understand he just tells me to man up! I wish I could but it's not that easy I've had terrible side effects from sertraline like cold rushes through my body not being able to sleep I could go on and on but I'm going to Carry on taking them and see how I get on I'm on my period at the minute and wondered if I feel even worse because of that I just want answers and feel like I need to be reassured everyday im going to be ok x
  • Posted

It's just hard to be positive isn't it my husband tries to understand and he is my rock but he works away a lot so it's hard I do feel better when his home but I have to try and cope when his not both my parents suffer from panic / depression so I guess it was bound to happen to me just hope my kids aren't cursed with it take care and I'm here if you need a chat it's nice to have someone who "gets it " xx
    • Posted

I used to hate staying in my house used to be out everyday going to town to the park going for walks but it's all stopped I can't even leave the house now let's hope there is light at the end of the tunnel! X
  • Posted

Same here I was never in hated being stuck in the house well travelled I couldn't imagine getting on a bus now let alone a plane why is life so unfair !!!!!!
    • Posted

I know I'm ment to be going on holiday to Spain in May haven't booked it yet though I'm too scared also had to give up my college course life is very unfair z

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.