Anxiety and panic attacks!! Constantly feeling like I'm dying??

Posted , 28 users are following.

Please can someone relate to my story I'm 23 always worrying about my health don't get much sleep at night last night I went to bed feeling fine then my heart felt like it was missing a beat i then started to worry then I just had like adrenalin feeling rushing through me it really scared me I've just had a bad panic attack literally thought I was dying its horrible I have been on sertraline for nearly 2 weeks will the AD make my symptoms worse at first? I won't leave my house because I'm too scared of having a panic attack in constantly worrying about my health does anybody else feel like this? Help!!

2 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Its not nice feeling like you cant leave the house. I used to be like that for years unitl i went to the doctors 11 months back and started sorting it out. Its the brain tricking us into believing we arent going to be ok. Have you asked the doctor about CBT sessions?

Hope you manage to get the help you need!!

• Posted

Hello @kezzi1986

I'm 22 and going through the same thing. I'm at my breaking point but not giving up. How are you doing now?

• Posted

I've been dealing with is anxiety for a long time I have three kids and now starting to get worse for me I know what you're going through I don't want to leave my house and I don't like driving my car no one is bad it feels like you're going to die
  • Posted

Hi Kezzi, 

i have the same exact feelings that u describe also...mine started when i was 20 and i'm now 28 and everyday i feel and think im dying constantly. it's never ending for me...i try to focus on the postive things and it's just seems to inpossbile..i have an 9 year old daughter and everyday i live i always think it could be my last day to see her or hold her..;( but u are not alone in this! Stay Strong and Hang in there...Remember this too shall Pass!! smile

• Posted

You are not alone. I have really bad anxiety and panic attacks as well. I pray everyday about this. I just to be afraid to go outside my house for about a year. I had no choice because I had to take my daughter to daycare and go to work. This happy to me the for the first year that I moved to a different state. I was having panic attacks several times in one day. I also had a really bad phobia problem. I'm still dealing with is this today. The panic attack starts from the pit of my stomach and it just takes over my entire body. I hate this feeling.

• Posted

You are not alone. I have really bad anxiety and panic attacks as well. I pray everyday about this. I just to be afraid to go outside my house for about a year. I had no choice because I had to take my daughter to daycare and go to work. This happy to me the for the first year that I moved to a different state. I was having panic attacks several times in one day. I also had a really bad phobia problem. I'm still dealing with is this today. The panic attack starts from the pit of my stomach and it just takes over my entire body. I hate this feeling.

• Posted

Hi I can understand how do you feel I'm in same situation last year I have really bad postnatal depression first I can't understand what is happening to me I felt like I'm dying whan I had panic attack my head feel really light feeling dizzy my heart beating really fast I couldn't understand what happing after my son first birthday still some time feel same way but I can control my panic attacks now so I really hope you feeling better soon just be patient it will go
  • Posted

What helps me is to think that thoughts are just that - thoughts. They are somehow random and you don't have to act on every thought that pops to your mind. Think about it as a creativity of your mind.

When your mind presents you some really convincing picture of doom, heart attack, brain collapse, seizure, you name it -  I think - wow, I have some really creative brain. And I move on, since I know this is just a random thought. Equally you can have some good, bad, scary and happy thoughts. It's up to you to act on them or just smile to yourself while knowing you are above your own thoughts.

I know it's easier to say than do. When the darkness sometimes comes over and I think like the lights in my brain will go off and will stay in the dead cold darkness forever it can be pretty daunting.

Second thing to keep in mind is that we usually don't hear our body, the heartbeat, the flow of your blood. Only sometimes, when tired, or excited, or going to sleep we notice that for example the heartbeat is faster. Many people freak about it same way as when they see the operation on the open body. Just tell yourself it's absolutely normal way your body works.

But the most important thing is to observe your own thoughts and don't act as a robot. When you feel bad or get scared ask yourself why it happens. You will realise you focused on something that you very well know not to be true. Since it's not true just realise that and you will automatically gain the control over the thought. It's a bit like watching a horror movie and not being scared because you know it's not real. 

Anyway, eat well, sleep well, get some excercise and think happy thoughts - always helps :-) If a bad thought slips in, keep it in your cage by observing what that thought does to you and realising it's just a random creative thing your brain came up with. There is no reason to fight it, just know you are in control.

• Posted

please respond me, i had recently panic attacks for the very first time it was horrible and now m feeling dizzy light headed, please help me how could i overcome my anxiety... it's been a year u guys are discussing, is it some kind of disease orr anything,? n tell me if any treatment is required n cause of anxiety, how u guys feeling now...
  • Posted

It's bad I'm getting an attack now and I don't know what to do

• Posted

sorry to hear you feeling this way i totally understand what your going through im 36 and worry every single day thinking im dying a slow deaf this week i am so worried im about to have a heart attack feeling dizzy,sick nausea.losing controll of my thoughts trying to distracked myself and feel i cant tell any body even when out i cant wait to get home because i think im about to pass out and feel something serious is going to happen to me so i start panicking and feel light headed. i always look up on internet my symptoms i.e like now .....if you ever need someone to talk to get in tough hope you feel better soon (jay)
  • Posted

I'm not happy happy at you feel like this but I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! It was so bad the other night I drove myself to the hospital cause I felt like that was the only thing that could make me feel better. I can't travel either unless I have an escape route like my own car or whatever. It's so terrible I can't stand it. Anything change with you since you posted this?

• Posted

I suffer with anxiety and panic attacks too I see this is a old post, how are you? Has it improved?
  • Posted

How odd, I have the EXACT same thing as you. A few days ago I felt my heart skip a beat and since then I’ve been so anxious and haven’t been able to sleep at all. Apparently these are normal palpitations, and it really helped me to talk to someone and know that there wasn’t anything seriously wrong with me. I’m also always worried about my health, but I reassure myself by saying that anxiety is the cause for most worries (it does in fact cause a lot of minor physical issues).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.