Anxiety and weight loss

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone lost an excessive amount of weight during bouts with anxiety? I've lost 16lbs in a month and it's freaking me out. My doctor doesn't seemed concerned she's actually happy as I'm no longer pre diabetic. I think something is wrong. My husband is trying to convince me that all is fine because before I started my meds I cut out a lot of things from my diet and was walking 2.5 miles a day so that's why I've lost the weight, but my mind is like something isn't right. I'm sick. Please someone tell me I'm not alone in this...

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I lost a bunch of weight, it took me nearly a year to get used to being tiny.  If you don't mind me asking, what is the high anxiety about? If there is not reason, I'd ask the doc to check for Celiac disease. Sometimes there are raging symptoms and other times they are few to none. My anxiety is almost nill much of the time now that I got the diagnoses and I eat differntly.

Congrats on the weight loss!

• Posted

Hi Dee... I've always had high anxiety since I was a child, however life and stress. I worry about death a lot and cancer. I took care of my aunt who had cancer all of the way until she took her last breath. I then took care of my grandmother who has dementia. That all has taken a toll on me. I think I'm gluten sensitive. I can't eat bread or beef anymore and I've become lactose intolerant. So celiac disease caused your anxiety?

• Posted

Anxiety was one of a few, all mild symptoms, except the migraines. They were the worst part almost all my life. The migraines took a while to vanish, but they pretty much have, unless I eat something with caffeine.

The part that came later was terrible; that is why I tell eveyone who has symptoms to get checked. Anxiety is a symptom.  Doctors don't care to investigate, too many are pill happy, not health happy. 

Gluten is in almost everything!  Some foods are grown with wheat feilds next to them, like strawberries, they make me sick too if they were grown near wheat, so I grow my own. It is in almost all processed foods because of cross contamination.  And the laws are not strict enough to protect us.  

• Posted

Yes, it cause anxiety and depression early on, then tummy troubles, i didn't know what I was eating because sometimes I was fine with a food and then I wasn't.  I went to one doc after another and they treated me like I was the biggest whiner there ever was.

didn't know what CD was till I became psychotic, suicidal, having seizures, and I was dangerously thin.  No one, not even my medical family recognised it.  It is the most common autoimmune disease we have in the US and the docs do not test for it. If I did that poorly on my job, I'd be fired. 

Anyway, there are many symptoms to CD because it is malnutrition.  It is painful!  Starving hurts.  many still never get well eating that gluten free..  

SO I recommed to EVERYone, to get off processed foods for 98% of their diet.  It is hard, but doable. If anyone wants to be heatlhy, they have to, not so simply, get off processed food. 

hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

I was 267 in October.. I'm now 189 and that's including 7 months that I literally say on my couch not moving.. I'm finally starting to slow down on weight loss

• Posted

Glad to know I'm not alone in this weight loss. I was really freaked out. So you lost 78 lbs in 7 months?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.