Anxiety causing nerve pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please note: had every test under the sun from pain killers to MRI. Have suffered for so many years. Paid thousands privately.

Ok this is what happens, a build up of stress in my life over a period, a "EVENT", then Bang, Anxiety kicks in. Then my shoulder muscles contract and I get referered pain to my hands/pain accross shoulders and the anxiety keeps going and it gets in a circle. I have tried the CBT route and does help but I am past this now.

Clonezapam helps, but makes me doppy, pain killers do nothing, Diazapam maybe takes the edge off at 2mg. Had anti D's, Amitriptlin and pregapentine.

Pain lasts for around 3 months then if I am lucky it carms for a few months, I eat well, do all the things I should be, I am 41 and I want my life back.

When the anxiety isnt there I have back pain and some referred pain which is managable. Cant go on...

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi!

sorry to hear about this but i have exactly the same thing when something triggers my anxiety really bad. shoulders so tense and it causes really awful pain in shoulder, whole arm and sometimes in my chest also. I suddenly find myself keeping my shoulders so tense when stressful feeling or event appears.

i hope you found help.

best wishes to fellow warriors

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.