Anxiety chest pain.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm 27 year old male that's quite fit & healthy i do take tablets for depression have done for 8years.

I have recently been experiancing chest pains, I started to worry about them and got all panicky and anxious now I keep thinking I'm going to die of a heart attack or cardiac arrest! I've been to doctors and they run some bloods and ECG's and they all came back fine I asked for a chest X-Ray but the doctor refused as he said I'm too young to have heart troubles. I just feel so down and I hate being on my own now as I think something terrible is going to happen to me! And I've lost all interests in life at the moment like my hobbies and things I enjoy doing I just can't seem to be happy because I'm constantly worrying about my heart! Has anyone else felt like this? I also enjoy running but I haven't been going as I'm scared I'm going to drop dead on my runs!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It is frim the hormones and adrenalin rush. It is cause and effect of that, nothing more.its good youre healthy and fit that will help you bounce back faster but this whole mess is a mak funtion, a glitz in the fight or flight area of your brain. You wonr die from it physically..try very hardnit to fear the fear. You like to run then run. Rin thru it so you can retrain your mind that it is safe.you never have to accept limitations based off fear. The crppy thing here when fear hormines are switched on it turns off the happy hormones thats why its so very important to try very hard to forge thru anxiety rules. It in time dismantles them. You should seek some therapy this is difficult to handle on your own.
    • Posted

So sorry about the typos. 
  • Posted

Hi Shane, I'm the same. I've been having chest pains about 8 months and been back and for doctors having blood tests Ecg etc but all ok. I've been worrying about my heart and I'm 37 so went to a&e today and ECG and tropin levels ok.

I've put it down to generalised anxiety which matches my symptoms to a T. I keep have a feeling of nervousness and fast heart rate/ breathing. It's not affected my work or hobbies but my general living. I was worried about having a heart attack or if I had angina but the doctors in a&e have put my mind at rest. I recommend you do the same if your getting the chest pains/ discomfort just to ease your mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.