Anxiety depression health anxiety think I have cancer alone and scared

Posted , 11 users are following.

I been so depressed lately and sad I have bad case of anxiety depression and ocd sometimes I just start panicking for no reason because I think I have some disease or cancer or something scary lately I been doing the famous Google searching which has left me in a state of madness all I do is cry and think I'm onna die I list my mom to cancer two years ago of the throat and recently I started having neck tightness and throat issues and when I searched them up it said cancer it's scared the helk outta me all I do is cry and cry I can't even live my life anymore I feel a lump in my throat and feel so scared to even live I need someone who underatands to talk to I'm o list and all I want right now is a mother's hug and i can't have that I'm truly alone and everyday I'm falling mor and more into this depression I have a drs appt at a ear nose and throat Dr this wensday to see what's going on I'm so scared it's going to be bad I am a smoker of a pack. Day I'm twentyeight years old so right away it's the worse sorry for the ramble and maybe not making much sense I'm o lost and alone im sorry ....anyone if u please have the time to talk to me i would forever be in your debt

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

First of all,I am so sorry about your mom. My mom is gone also,im much older then you,i lost my mom to Alzheimers. Even at my age without my mom I often feel so alone. I am married,but hes gone alot,my kids are grown. Im alone alot so I can relate. You went through a very stressful time with what happened to your mom. I am guilty of the google search also,and like you U often fear what i read is what I have or what will happen. Your throat feeling is probably from anxiety. That can caus throat tightness and the lump feeling. Do you have any family you can call that you can tell whats going on? Xx
  • Posted

First of all emily you were looking your mothers symptoms up online. Your symptoms are more likely to be anxiety related because of your mums demise causing you extra worries.  If you are concerned get checked out to ease your anxiety and to know whether you are ill or not.
  • Posted

Hello, 

i completely understand where your coming from. I've been diagnosed with anxiety since last June. I always was someone who never really believed in anxiety and depression. I thought I was to strong minded to suffer with it, turns out not. I've googled everything you could possibly think and it always ends up in some life threatening disease. It's honestly the worst thing you can do. I'm travelling Australia at the moment (originally from the UK) and here on my own, thought I'd push myself and make a change, last couple of weeks have been hell! I've loved every bit of travelling but my body seems so sensitive to every bit of pain I'm instantly googling or going to the doctors. Even if it's for a pulled leg muscle or something, I'm instantly thinking the worse. I will not let it ruin my time travelling though, you cannot let it break you down. As long as you've had the general checks done with your GP and have been diagnosed you suffer with anxiety then you need to keep telling yourself your fine. If you get a new symptom, don't google it, just make a appointment with your doctor and get it checked. I guarantee your be fine. My symptoms changed all the time and constantly worries me, I just keep telling myself I'm not gonna let it ruin me. I've had every symptom from shaking, to heart/chest pains, aching all over, hot flushes, dizziness, blurry vision, stomach cramps, headaches, lack of sleep, pins and needles, constant worry and even abit of depression. There is light in the tunnel, you just have to keep positive (which I know is easier said than done) just get out and excursive or think of some ways you can change negative stuff in your life. We're always here when ever you need to chat. Air everything out you can, it's better to talk about it then to over think. DO NOT GOOGLE. Remember the things you worry and are anxious about such as throat cancer your brain can sometimes send pain there to make you believe you have more than what you actually have. The brains a powerful thing. Control it, don't let it control you. Im really sorry to hear about your mum too, that's horrible to loose such a big person in your life at any age. Remember the good times. I really hope you feel better. You deserve a break. 

• Posted

Absolutely right!! So ggladiator joined this forum.. everyone is so helpful and quick to offer great advice..thank you!
  • Posted

Sending a big hug. Anxiety is a terrible thing it can make you feel every pain and symthons. Don't google that makes it worse. I know I use to do it all the time and got myself so scared. I too worry about everything. At the moment breast cancer because one of the girls at work is having treatment. I have gone to several doctors and had scans but still at the back of my mind. I'm now try to meditate. Look up apps on the computer and listen to them . They have overcoming anxiety. Try not to let it control you. Sorry to hear you lost your mum that would send you in a spin. You are not alone we are here to listen. Take care x
  • Posted

Emily,

I am sure you are feeling lonely and scared.. having anxiety is difficult and sometimes our minds run Wild with all the what if's. We find something to focus all that negative energy on and it only escalates from there.. I am a smoker as well and I am also 28. I too recently had a scare and had shortness of breath for about two weeks.. I was told by my doctor it was yet another anxiety symptom and he also gave some antibiotics and steroids just incase I had a little upper respiratory infection. I feel much better.. when we hyperfocus I. Something like our health and try to look to Google to self diagnose it is very harmful to our already fragile mind frame.. I know it's hard to loose a parent to something like cancer ( my dad passed from a brain tumor). You have to make the decision to choose mind over Matter. Its hard because everything in your body is telling you something is wrong but more than likely your anxiety is getting the better of you.. I want so bad to quit smoking.. it is awful in every way. Your young and have so many good years to look forward to don't let your anxiety take the best years of your life .. enjoy being able to do the things that make you happy.. get yourself checked out for your own peice if mind and then choose to live . My mother did the same thing I am doing she tells me all the time that she always thought something was wrong with her, she constantly went to the doctor looking for something to be wrong and nothing ever was.. she passed that fear to me and I find myself doing the same things. I k ow how real it feels, anxiety and stress can take a toll on you and cause physical problems.. I have lost so much weight and have hardly any energy to go through my day.. I have good days and bad days and sometimes I'm strong and others I barely make it through.. you can't spend your entire life waiting for something bad to happen because if you look hard enough eventually you will be out of time.. I am working hard to overcome my problems because I have two young children and I am all they have.. I don't want to pass down my fears and problems to them so I try my best to tell myself that I am young and healthy and I am ok.. you are ok!

• Posted

(((((((((((((((((hugs ))))))))))))))))))))))) to you emily and your not alone my love there are people on here who will give you support. Ii cant be you mum but I can be your friend if you need to talk xx I hate this thing with google it should be BANNED from dealing with medical issues we arnt trained proffessionals on here but we are experts at the symptons and these will be genuine because each of us can share them with you as all of us will have gone through the same keep strong my lovely if you can my mum went at 57 with her heart im 53 and can you guess what one of my fears is??? yet Ive been checked and checked my paternal grandmother had cancer all over but she the only one I know of in my family that had it and guess what i then convince my self I must have it!!!! I have turned it around to think well my dad is still here hes eighty and i carry a lot of his traits he has outlived both parents and two brothers younger than him. once that nasty thing fear sets in boy does it get a real grip. and what ever your feelings or fears are never think they are stupid because in "ourworld" the world of anxiety and fear they are totally real. Just a quick one hopefully it may may you smile as I can now a few weeks ago me  hubby and eldest son were travelling to spain we got to the airport and a couple of the security systems went down, by the time our turn was due the whole of the security system crashed well I had convinced my self we were being sabotaged I even asked one of the officers we all had to be serched manually I couldnt wait to get out and on the plane. now I think what a silly mare i was but I know it was the fear in my mind. I never read up on google I never watch the news and i dont read news papers. unfortunately we will overthink which them brings in the fear but it is so real to us. I am not to bad at the moment I had a blip day but I now know this is something I am predisposed to ive had it most of my life and know i could have it the reat of my life but im learning how to control it better rather than it controlling me. Im having hypnotherapy next month so Im hoping this will help.sorry if ive gone on I just wanted to help you xx

• Posted

Your health anxiety is playing tricks on you

Dont google stuff its a bad idea

Go and get a meds review and consider therapy it teaches you how to cope with anxiety/panic

Stay Strongneutral

• Posted

My neighbor is the same way. She has anxiety and has the feeling in her throat like she can't swallow. Her mother had the same issues. More then likely it's your anxiety.
  • Posted

Thank you all for responding after having another long hard day again battling my thoughts and anxiety I started to break down again which made me turn here again that's when I saw the replies still learning how to get around this site and how to work it . It was nice to hear so many people's story's and people who can relate to what I'm going through its very hard to find that in my real life alot of family and friends dont get it and just think its an easy fix and say things like well just don't think about those things or you neeed to just stop and get over it . My life has changed so much since my mother passed its like apart of me or most if me died with her my security is gone the ine person I turned to that seemed to make everything okay is gone now I try to talk to my sisters but one sister is a person who doesn't understand this stuff at all and says I need to just grow up now and be an adult my other sister is in the same boat as me but shes consumed her self with every depression and anxiety medicine out there she can't even hold a conversation at times my dad is great but he doesn't understand issues like this and kinda just makes a joke and laughs it off hes not very emotional kinda guy . My mom was my rock my everything I was in and out of psych wards as a teenager for depression nd anxiety they also said I had ocd and intrusive thoughts I was a cutter and suicidal which is weird because my health anxiety surrounds being affraid of diseases and cancers and all the above and once I get focused on death I can't stop and after my mom it has gotten so bad I find it hard to live at times she had eight year battle with throat cancer which she was in remission for years it actually was a deadly mix of medicines her Dr gave her by accident that ended her life not the cancer I feel she was cheated out of her life .I took care of her those eight years while my sisters went off and lived their lives got married and had kids I stayed with my mom everyday and my dad to help them through er sickness everyday was dedicated to her and cooking and cleaning for my mom now with her gone I spend everyday feeling like i dont kniw what to do with my self I was doing okay then bam anxiety depression came back with a vengeance and what started it off is feeling like I as literally having someones hands around my neck I feel like my neck was out if place or needed to be cracked then I started having lump under my throat and pressure under my ears hearing going in and out ringing in my ears now I feel sharp pains in my throat and this lump I can't get rid of . I went to the er like I said and wensday is my ears nose and theoat appointment which untill then im literally loosing it I can't seem to keep my mind from thinking negative thoughts like its cancer I'm gonna die its something bad it just is what's gonna happen to my dogs my cats why me and i literally my brain acts like its been already diagnosed how can I be that crazy I'm sorry to write so much I'm just trying to sum up myself in this paragraph so people know alitle about me and maybe can help me come up with a plan to help myself I'm just so tired of being so alone and affraid and so scared I can't explain how much fear I live in and i dont even know why I feel like I'm suffering inside so bad and I wish I could just relax for once and not worrying about death or dying my sister says its because I'm not right with god and because I'm a lesbian I feel guilty about who i am and all this stuff which just makes it worse if anyone has seen someines whos a complete mess on here like me please tell me because even though it seems nice to talk and vent I also feel dumb and like everyone on here will find me crazy and just like that girl is to lost to be helped I to be able to help others with this stuff now I'm the one whos lost ty everyone for replying I'm sorry to talk your eyes off and hope someone out there understands maybe just a bit of what im going through i appreciate you all for your time and wish u all the best in your own struggles and if I can be of any help I'm more then happy would like to be
    • Posted

Oh emily never feel bad about who you are. Sounds like you were wonderful to your mom,she must have loved you very much. You have something very prescious. You were there for her,you were her rock,so you can live knowing that you were there for her,no guilt. Thats a prescious thing. You are not crazy,i have very bad anxiety right now. I have a health problem thats confirmed and it consumes me. I had always been a care giver. I was a stay at home mom,then my mom got alzheimers which was so devistateing. I tryed my best to help her for years when it happened.was one of the hardest experiances if my life. Long story short im at that time of my life when i dont even know what my purpose is anymore,my kids are grown,husband and i arent close anymore,moms gone and now the health issue. I too feel very alone,i think all these devistateing things we go through cant help but give us anxiety and depression. You take care of yourself. Think what advice your mom would give you. Let us know how wed goes ok?Hugs!
  • Posted

just when i thought my luck couldnt get worse i relised i now have cancer.
  • Posted

I've been really suicidal lately, been taking my mind of thoughts likewise by skating alot. at the start of summer i fell on my back with my skateboard and tried to sleep it off. felt a medium-sized lump on the side where i had fell and freakd'd out went home googled cancer. now im kinda too scared to get help beacuse of how many symptoms i match with and the impact it will have on my family...lets not hope for the worst but, WHAT IF??.

now coming across you this.

• Posted

i felt the lump today when playin basketball.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.