Anxiety desperate help and advice please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello first time writing and finding this very hard to do. I am having a lot going on. Moving country leaving job and getting married. For past year I have been have all sorts of strange symptoms. Medically I'm a perfectly healthy 25 year old rugby player. But every morning I wake up feeling 'off'  the last two months my symptoms have been truely awful. Everytime I have something big coming up like today handing my notice in I get really bad nausea followed by bad stomach then racing heart beat. I have a huge phobia of being sick (vommit). My symptoms are getting very bad so much so can't work or play rugby as always worried going to get 'set off'. I'm finding this so so hard to explain symptoms one day its heart burn next stomach. I have no one to relate to feel so alone and crazy and very sad by the day. Its affecing everything. Doctor gave me anti depressants but I always experience horrible side affects and drowsyness which normally makes me worse. 

Any advice help or anything before I really loose it. 

Thankyouy

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ok, but do continue trying to go out to social events, even if it's only for a short while. When my anxiety set in after losing my Dad I cut off friends and stopped going out. Three years after that I found it so difficult and beleive that anxiety becomes a bigger monster if you let it. Try and strike a good balance of being out with people and then being on your own. Too much time on your own can make things worse.

I never took anti-depressants and felt they weren't for me but what did help a bit was magnesium (as a spray). Google this, or look on amazon - a lot of people swear by this. Also have you thought about seeing a counsellor. Maybe talking about your anxiety this way may help you bring it under control.

What helped me was making a list in a notebook of things I like and then trying to do one of these things each day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.