Anxiety Disorder- Acute symptoms

Posted , 34 users are following.

Hello! I am a 21 year old female from Greece and I would like to share my anxiety disorder experience with you, in the search of, I don't know... Answers maybe... It all started 6 months ago when I woke up a Saturday morning. I had already dropped out of college for over a year because of financial problems, so I already had depression, since I lost my friends and my daily routine after quitting. About an hour after I woke up, I started having migraine with aura ( you get blurry vision and you get kind of blind from one eye, for 10 minutes or so) That happened 3 times in a course of a week. The doctors said it was nothing and it would never happen to me again. About 10 days later, I was watching tv and right there on the spot was the moment where the rest of my life begun. I started feeling light headed and it just wouldn't go away. I stayed up all night panicking, feeling dizzy and the next morning it started getting worse and worse. That was when drowsiness appeared. I felt like my brain was blurry and I couldn't concentrate. My dizziness had started to get unbearable. A few days after that, and after popping some Valerian daily, I got Tinnitus that until today, April the 7th, has not left my ears, for even a second. I got more and more anxious about my condition that I started having panic attacks, accompanied with me wanting to faint. I did many blood tests, but they all came out clean. not even the slightest thing wrong. I decided to go to a neurologist, believing that with my symptoms that started to get worse ( limb numbness, nightmares) were caused my MS, cancer etc. He did some simple tests to me. He gave me Benzodiazepines and I took 15mg a day. I won't lie to you, I felt brand new. But as soon as the box was finished I started feeling like shit again. I went again and he gave me Benzo again plus Fluoxetine. I took roughly 60 mg of those, per day. My life changed ( except from the tinnitus) and I felt really good from day 1. I started therapy as well, but dropped out after 10 sessions, because I hated my therapist :P Three months later, I started having a burning feeling in my throat when I ingested the Fluoxetine. My doctor was not really understanding. I told him that I couldn't bear it but he kept telling me to take it. So I stayed with the Benzo and changed a doctor. Little did I know, Benzodiazepines are very addictive and I had started to feel dependent on them. I went to a neurologist- acupuncturist and she lowered the Benzo to 5mg a day, plus acupuncture . I started having withdrawal symptoms ( 50 days ago) , that were even worse than the ones I had in the first place. I felt like a junkie. I started having flu symptoms, chest pains, my heart skipped beats and even the slightest trigger of anxiety made me crazy. I started having burning feelings in my esophagus when I took the Benzo, so I had to stop it too. Now I'm taking these crap herb pills, that don't really work. Anyway, I feel like no one really understands me. Everyone tells me to calm down, take it easy, but truly, I know that being in this forum and reading this, someone will understand. I feel like I'm losing my mind and I'm having nightmares every night. Any suggestions?

5 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi i am 16 and I jus read your post about you anxiety . I need help!! Recently I had surgery and had to get my appendix removed , it went great but I was having so much stress about after ward . That's when my anxiety began. I kept thinking something was goin to go wrong and I kept over thinking everything until it got really bad . after a couple weeks my body was feeling better from the surgery but my mind wasn't , I still was having bad anxiety .. My chest hurts my mind feels foggy and I've been having daily headaches! And not feeling like myself but wen I'm around friends I feel nothing wen I'm entertained or occupied but every time I'm alone the headaches start and the anxiety begins . I'm so scared I always think something is wrong and I'm gonna die, I think I have something wrong with my brain such as a tumor it jus scares me and nobody understands me at all. I've been to the doctor for my anxiety but they didn't do much I have jus been suffering please help!!!!

• Posted

Hello Samantha, first of all make sure that what you are having is not a complication form the surgery or the after surgery medication. in my opinion, you are having post operation anxiety which happens to many people. when I was 5 i had a routine surgery and I was having nightmares for ages after that. I saw viles and IV in my dreams all the time. My advice? Keep yourself occupied. I know that when you are alone at night before you sleep is the worst time. Go to the living room and watch comedy or a talk show until you fall asleep. Ask for your friends to talk to you on the phone until your eyes are heavy. Hope to hear from you soon!
    • Posted

Thankyou!! so this happened to you before ? I'm jus anxious because of these headaches and my thoughts are going crazy about it! Do you think daily headaches is something I should worry about? Thankyou so much

• Posted

I also was having nightmares right after my surgery because of the meds but that stopped jus in a few days of having them I'm jus really worried about possibly brain problems and stuff because of my headache even tho that might be a symptom of anxiety

• Posted

Well if you are worried about headaches get a brain scan, I am no doctor but maybe you should clear out the fact that you are not having anything pathological. After that therapy maybe in order. Didn't help me but some poeple find it helpful. I got headaches all the time, still do whem I am anxious or feeling pressure.

• Posted

I am 16 years old and I am constantly worrying about my brain. I started having headaches so I went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with migraines. I also went to the eye doctor to see if my eyes were causing my migraines..they weren't. They eye doctor said my eyes were healthy and there is so swelling in my brain....but I've been thinking that something is wrong. My head is so sensitive and it seems like every time it hurts I start to think of the worst situation. I think I'm gonna die or that I'm gonna pass out. Because of my worrying and stressing out about my brain, I now have anxiety. I take medicine for it but I feel that it's not working at all. I'm constantly worrying everyday about my brain and I just get really scared and think that I have a tumor or cancer.....I'm sure if I did the eye doctor would've seen it. I just need to know that I'm okay and that I'm not the only one who experiences these kind of things.

• Posted

I was desperate tonight...so as usual...i went in an obsessive search for a answer...i saw this...and felt as though i was reading something i wrote in the past...i feel similar...im a 29 year old male...i have a super hot wife..and suoer cute 3.5 year old son...sleeping in the next room...this week me and "wife" arnt speaking..its normal, i feel too sick to be near people most time..i fite it...but everyone thinks i legit have the flu my nose runs...my eyes..its real.....anywayz...shes decent..shes just not very nice honestly...just to put it in one sentence, bt im not the same..i dont blame her...its my fault...im in SO much pain...phyical and mental....everyday...unless im in a perfect day..which is so rare now...im just useless...i have night terrors every night...usually similar stuff...haveing to enevitable put my (still very healthy) beagle dog down...or something horrible happening to my family...im always scared...im always in pain...i have to give 110% to work...and thats because if i didnt...we dont eat...i hate myself...i resent everyone else...ive tried it all...i take xanax and kilonapin to not kill myself...off the record...because my doctors are a "no benzo clinic" so they transitioned me off (SPOILER ALERT!...it made things worse) i got back on myself so i wouldnt kill myself...another daily..hourly fear...snapping...killing myself..i have horrible vivid, detailed thoughts and dreams sometimes..of my parents...and "wife"...haveing to explain where daddy went....

I could keep writeing forever...im obsessed over my stomach...had drug issues with opiots as a late teen early 20s...i was supposed to be tought...10+ year football player..basketball...baseball..concussion after concussion...im tall but skinny...i took a beating...i truly believe it started my issues...i was great as a kid...and my life was much worse in hindsite...

If i dont have 2 extremely full bowel movements a day...ill spent up to 5 hours locked in a bathroom...feeling insane..trying to get relief...its so embaressing...ive devoloped a whole excuse tree around it...i do have colitus tho...tnite was one of those nights...i didnt "go to the bathroom enuff?...i went..just not enuff for me..smfh...i guess" im obsessed now, im sick to my stomach and am convinced i have cancer...a small part of my brain knows its unlikely...

On that note...im always convinced im sick...i mean...the pain feels real..they even put things on my head once and the pain center of my brain was lit up like an xmas tree...no diagnosis...they say im crazy...bi-polar...brain damaged...my IQ is over 150 btw...dozens of tests..

Im brilliant...but i cant use it..i may as well be dumb as a box of rocks..its another issue...i kno so much...i think so fast...it doesnt make sleep easy....all i really want is to be able to end my life without hurting anyone around me..but a women intentionall got pregnant with my child...my parents need me, and ive decided to take the torture and never do that....i wonder alot if maby im in hell now...i dont believe in ANY religion...closest beliefe i have is the Ancient Alien Theory/Facts

I have a beautiful son...wife...we have issues..but shes move than i deserve...amazing friends...again..more than i deserve..(altho they knew the "old me" he was much more likeable) i used to be tough..im a great athlete still...still a great fighter...i still like stuff (mostly football) ..but it almost seems like part of my agony...i cant ever enjoy them...my stomach will be an issue...or my right eye will randomly hurt and go blurry...appeareetly nothing wrong with it...fyi...neurotin helped with happiness...in the sense i actually felt it...but it screws my stomach up...so...yea...yoyr not alone...i hope uve found some peace...ive never wrote these feelings out...it was a rant....sorry for terrible grammer...i feel for you..so much...

• Posted

Been through all that... the panicking before going to sleep, blurry vision, my heartbeat skips, not able to concentrate, headaches and even thinking to kill myself... It's very scary but I perserved to fight it by taking the meds prescribed by my doctor (and been dependent on it for so long) and I forced myself to go out with my friends and if I have free time I jog. I stop thinking about it and I don't know how I did it but I claimed my life back. I think of my wife and my child who gives me inspiration to move out of that misery situation. So goodluck... Remember it's only in your head...

• Posted

Thank you man...i just saw this...forgot i even wrote something...todays a good day...my N.E. Patriots are kiling freeagency...its those little things that seem to help me...i kno its only in my head...but on nights like the night i posted...i still kno it...but i dont believe it...i guess..hard to explain...thank you tho brutha...appearently im not the only one...
  • Posted

Hey, i am 21 and Greek too (lol) i really get you... my anxiety is so bad and constant... i cant sleep, i cant remember things, i cant concentrate. I feel so depressed and i dont want to do anything. And everyone is like "oh honey, it's nothing, get over it". I am shaking all the time, i cry a lot and i always feel my heart beating like crazy. I see that your post ia old so i hope that you are much better now!!! Filakia?

• Posted

I know this might sound like there's no hope. but I too have gone through the same. Actually I still experience all of it everyday I've been addicted to benzo's and other drugs to cope with it but I found the best thing I learned to do was meditation techniques. It's really hard to do at first but now I do it everyday. Twice! Give it a try you got nothing to lose. Find a group or a professional that can guide you correctly. I hope this helps. Stay in there things can get a little better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.