Anxiety fearing the worse because I'm loosing weight again

Posted , 5 users are following.

NOW I have a new fear , I'm loosing weight , but I'm eating all the time and the only activity I do is yoga once a week and walking about 2miles a day but I'm eating pizza, burgers and fries, milkshakes , anything I desire I eat but nothing is making me bigger and I'm about 5ft 6" tall and I only weigh 159lbs I need to know am I dying or something I'm scared

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

have you been tested for celiac disease? you are eating waaay too many carbs for anyone to be healthy. Trade out the bready stuff and eat your veggies!  159 is not thin. I am over 5 6 and under 120 pounds. 
  • Posted

Hey there Jenni, i too am having a real rough time with weight loss, let me mention im 41 yr old male who was 214lb muscalar gym rat, since going off Cymbalta and starting on a low dose of Setraline(zoloft) for anxiety i have lost 24 lbs in about 3.5 months. My wife tells me it not to worry about but its like im hungry but when foods in front of me i only eat small portions. I have always been a hearty eater. Im freaking out a bit and my energy for the gym has subsided from 6 days a week to maybe 3 or 4 at best. The sad part is , that im not trying to lose weight. Im really getting frustrated with this stress and anxiety thing, hope i can manage thru this...Good Luck
    • Posted

Hey roger I didn't want to lose any weight but my anxiety made me loose weight over the course of time from stress and not eating much at all and then once I started eating , the stress was still there so it wasn't sticking and I want my weight back I just need to take a healthier approach

• Posted

Jenni

I wish I could be like you, some people burn more energy than others, they can take in more or less calories and never put on weight. Two miles a day is a good gallop 14 miles a week so your weight will not be a problem.

If you are concerned talk to your GP., You are not dying, you seem fit

I wish I could loose weight

BOB

• Posted

Jenni girl I know how you feel about the weight loss but from being on here and having been through this anxiety/depression rollercoaster before weight loss is a part of it. The fight or flight response that our bodies go through during anxiety and panic makes our bodies hyperstimulated and we burn more calories. Your walking and yoga along with the hypserstimulation is the reason for the rapid weight loss. Try not to worry to hard and just be the best version of yourself possible right now. Be kind to yourself and know that this too shall pass.
    • Posted

Nai thanks so much your comment makes so.much sense , this anxiety is a nightmare i go from worry about one thing to the next its crazy i need a break from my own mind and body lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.