Anxiety from Antibiotics?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi everyone! 

So I'm currently being treated for Lyme with a ten day round of Doxycycline Hyclate. I didn't have anxiety about taking it because it's something I've taken before, however. I'm about five days into it and all the sudden feeling an extreme surge in my anxiety. Like to the point where it's difficult for me to go to class and get up in the morning. I've also been having nightmares since about two days after starting it.

Has anyone else experienced this while on Doxy or another antibiotic? 

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just stopped doxy. My anxiety is over the top and I simply can not function. Scared to be alone and that makes it worse. My daughter was just in the hospital with a burst appendix and I was on doxy for a bronchial infection.  I had to ignore my issues and get to the hospital for my daughter.  Omg this anxiety is terrible.  I stopped the doxy and am now taking a ton of probiotics and drinking water. I try and tell myself it will pass and reading these posts help me know I am not crazy!!!! Thank you
  • Posted

I am taking clarythramicin500mg twice a day I do have anxiety but under control half way thru the course of tablets and my anxiety is very bad hard to cope with anyone else please 
  • Posted

I went through VERY VERY serious depression  and anxiety after doxy hyclate a while back. I totally sympathize. (Change your diet) stay away from bad sugars and rebuild your gut flora and good bacteria a soon as possible otherwise the bad fungus and bad bacteria will over colonize you gut and you will deal with so many other problems than you started out. And also make sure the food you eat is being broken down in the gut. Digestive enzymes etc. othwise you'll just be eating healthy food which contains live bacteria entering your gut. 

Good luck 

• Posted

Did you get better after Doxy?  I’ve had this for over a year now. How long did it make you feel bad?
  • Posted

I am so happy I seen this I suffered with anxiety for years but haven't had panic attack in about 5 years on this 3 days and started to get panicky and weird feelings thought it was happening all over again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.