anxiety getting worse

Posted , 7 users are following.

for a week now i cant shake off this awful feeling of dread and fear..its even affecting my sleep...i get about 4 hours a night if that.....i know my fears are down to the dreaded nosebleeds that i keep getting...but its spiraling out of control ...im a nervous wreck....ive been told ive got health anxiety....the menopause is not helping .....never knew it could feel so awful going through  the menopause...ive had a headache for 3 days now...feel drained ..fed up and sad...hope this ends soon......

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I feel for you hun. Having a bad day with anxieties today. Sending hugs to you. This menopause isnt easy by any standards. Xx
    • Posted

thanks hun...im only tablets to try and lessen the feeling of anxiety..thought they were working but having a few really bad days....groan...and the headaches are awful...just want to feel normal again...watever that is..x
  • Posted

Hi. I know exactly how you are feeling. I am on ciralopram and that controls the anxiety and the feelings of no energy and being drained. Might be worth a visit to the gp as it is a lifesaver for me
    • Posted

Hi Lorraine

Im on mirtazapine 15mg which usually helps but not had a period this month so the anxiety seems to be worse. Im on the lowest dose so wondering if I should increase the dose. Been in perimenopause eight years. Im 48 today. It just seems never ending sad(

• Posted

hi doc put me on betablockers to help with anxiety...thought they were working but having a bad few days...had a full on panic attack last night because i couldnt sleep....my poor husband i think he must think im going mad....i can cope with alot but theses panic attacks and anxiety are scarey.x
    • Posted

Not sure docs know what to do with us ladies!! The citaolpram controls the ceratonine release which is what causes anxiety and panic attacks. Maybe check with him if it is worth a try? Xx

Happy birthday michelle. Sometimes they have to change the mediction as not all of them suit everyone ibhave been told x

• Posted

Thank you Lorraine. Ive had a panic attack today to which my husbands answer was... pill urself together. So all in all a very eventful day. Oh well heres to next years lol biggrin
    • Posted

Ooops that should say pull urself together smile
  • Posted

Hi, I know exactly how you are feeling. I've had chronic insomnia and anxiety for about 4 years I thought I was going mad. Doctor put me on sertraline for anxiety and zoplicone for insomnia. It was a couple of years ago I linked it to peri. I had my fsh tested and it was sky high do defo in peri. I asked for hrt but because my bp was so high I can't take it. Vicious circle. Lack of sleep - anxiety = high bp. Last week doc prescribed beta blockers and I feel so much better already. Haven't had to take any sleeping tablets at all. I can't believe how debilitating this peri malarkey is! Big hugs to you. We all feel the pain!
  • Posted

Hi sandra 

I get the anxieties myself and have trouble sleeping at times to where i am jumpy and agitated and just not myself 

I did not get much sleep myself last night so i understand how you feel 

I wish it would end soon myself

Tired of it 

• Posted

i know.....its so awful dropping off to sleep n waking up like i had a nightmare.....on average im getting bout 3 hours sleep..........have got sedatives but do not want to take them....lets hope we get some rest tonight hun
    • Posted

I had my doctor raise my paxil up to 10mgs hope this helps me sleep with my ativan tonight its just been really hard on me not sleeping well and feeling really agitated and just running on edge all day and durring the night at times 

I am tired of this 

• Posted

Hope you sleep better too you should try the sedatives to help you sleep try it tonight 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.