Anxiety has taken over

Posted , 10 users are following.

Did anyone suffer with almost debilitating anxiety while they had mono? Most of my symptoms are gone, I have had mono for 7 weeks. About 3 weeks ago I started having awful trouble sleeping and it hasnt gone away. It started with a few random nights of night sweats in early January, around when they finally figured out I had mono. I now have anxiety about going to bed, because I lay awake thinking something is seriously wrong with me. I'll fall asleep for maybe an hour but then I have an awful dream and I wake up having a hot flash. It's not even night sweats anymore I'm not sweaty, I wake up very suddenly and just hot like how I've felt during a panic attack. And then my anxiety is super high and my brain just races with scary thoughts and I toss and turn. My stomach has been upset from being in this constant state of high alert every day. I've had a few ok days but then I just go back to this feeling like a pit in my stomach and my stomach feels upset and gurgle which is also freaking me out. I have an appointment to start with a therapist next week and I'm hoping it will help. I just don't understand why this virus set me off into this awful period of anxiety and I dont know how to get out of it. I miss looking forward to bed time and sleeping more than 2 hours and not waking up hot and panicky. I know its anxiety bc I have some xanax and i will take half of one and feel a little better. I think its causing me to be a little depressed too. I just feel like I'm never going to feel normal. I also went crazy checking my body for lumps ans bumps thinking I must have some awful illness and I actually bruised my stomach from pressing on it. I've convinced myself I've had every serious illness possible through this virus. As soon as I get over thinking I have one disease, I start to fixate on a new one an that's what's keeping me in this state of super high anxiety. I cant calm down. I considered checking myself into the hospital for mental health problems but I have a career and twin babies I cant be away. Did anyone go thru anything this bad?!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.