Anxiety. (Health Anxiety)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey Guys! Been a while since i posted! Just wondered if those who suffer from health anxiety like myself have physical pains rather than it all bern mental if so what sort of pains are you experiencing?!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

When I first discovered I had anxiety my physical pains were headaches and legs hurting. I'm also was tIngling all over my body. I couldn't sleep and I would wake up in a jump throughout the night. I was lightheaded and dizzy and just completely exhausted.

I'm currently at the doctors with stomach bloatin and aching. The more I think about it look back I do think my belly Trouble is to do with anxiety but I'm having tests just to be sure! I woke up last week out of no were having a panic attack and my heart has started to race. However it L struggling to properly work out whether my belly pain is down to my anxiety or if my anxiety is down to my belly pain. I feel like I'm cOnstantly tensing my belly. Which I would guess would probablt make me feel uncomfortable anyway

• Posted

Im not currently on any medication infact i havent been for about 3 years... i always have a fast heart rate and pains in my chest. I had a heart scan about two years ago and all came back clear.. its like a sharp stabbing pain and breathless. Its terrible.. my attacks dont just last minutes it can be all day and different pains each time. I dont really want to rely on medication so thought id see if others were getting same as me ☺
    • Posted

I'm not on medication. I was prescribed beta blockers about 4 years ago which I haven't took for about 3 years. I also get the sharp pain my my chest sometimes shooting pains. Can be quite feigtening. I too have had a heart scan which came back clear
    • Posted

Sometimes it feels that intense i feel like i literally could die.. but im only 24 at a normal weight and height i do smoke but eat fine and do moderate excercise.. how do you cope with yours??
    • Posted

I just try to be as positive as possible I know sounds hard! With me I kinda know in the back of my mind that it's just in my head but I know for a lot of people that's just impossible to believe.

Coffee and Coke used to set my palpitations off and alcohol so I stayed clear really of them but I can drink them sort of things now and I seem fine (Touch wood)

• Posted

Hi yes mine are mainly physical such as chest pains that lead down my arm. Head aches. Vision problems. Breathlessness. Tierd. Also my head feels weird some days.... It's horrible I no but u need to stay positive there is people on here who have recovered and if they can then so can we x
    • Posted

I know what your saying i am coping with it i just wanted to know what im experiencing is infact anxiety and not a medical reason because sometimes it just feels so intense for no reason. I know one of my triggers is caffeine so i very rarely drink it. Are you in anything for your anxiety Stacey?? x
    • Posted

I was in denial for a long time when they put my physical symptoms down to anxiety. I just couldn't believe such severe symptoms was simply to do with my mind. Which of course made me worse. It was a vicious cycle. My symptoms was horrendous to the point I would jsut shake all day and not be able to stop. I would break down with my headache and couldn't walk barely. I would be simply say there Watching a film and all of a sudden it would start my heart pounding so fast I though I was about to have an heart attack. I ended up at a&e with my palpitation and pains in my chest they were that bad. I also used to think my heart was bearing fast when it wasn't. I remember a few times that I would think my hear would be pounding and the doctor would feel and she would say no it's fine. So clearly it was partly in my head aswel. I have read it can gr quite severe to the point people have multiple panic attacks throughout the day
    • Posted

Its amazing how the mind works really. To make you feel that bad when thiers nothing wrong although the symptoms are terrible but its strange how we can make our own selfs feel so ill.
    • Posted

I know its stressing me out more. Im forever over thinking situations. Cant remember last time i truly enjoyed myself without analysing everything around me. Its unfair really!
    • Posted

Same. I can't concentrate on a single thing I constantly have different things going through my mind and thinking about eveything else
    • Posted

I don't. I think it's just a case of getting used to it. I'm originally a worrier and a thinker. Always have been. My mum and nan are the same. Thinks it's just something to 'live with' I suppose.
    • Posted

Yeah im the same although i use alot of vicks and halls the sweets you use for a sore throat it seems to help ease it abit other than that i use nothing.
    • Posted

Iv seen a councillor who is putting me on am anxiety course but I'm on the waiting list and then I'm going to try cognitive behaviour therapy x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.