Anxiety. (Health Anxiety)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey Guys! Been a while since i posted! Just wondered if those who suffer from health anxiety like myself have physical pains rather than it all bern mental if so what sort of pains are you experiencing?!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This is the type of anxiety I have mostly had in my life. Small little aches and pains can set me into a spiral where I can't stop focusing on it and I'll feel

Like something is horribly wrong. I've been off meds for about a year now and exercise was really helping but recently had a bout of intestinal upset and for some reason the anxiety kicked in and I can't stop feeling like it's still bothering me. All day I have sort of butterflies in lower stomach and an ache up inside me that just nags. I only go 1 time a day like normal but I think it's my mind causing symptoms cuz it's not as bad when I wake but as day goes it bugs more. Trying not to go on meds again so it's nice to be able to talk about it with others. Maybe this will help ease me. Had a physical 6 months ago and am in great shape so it must be in my head ( like usual )

• Posted

Think mines the same.. i get one ache and it then escalates into something bigger which usually ends up in death (in my mind) i just hope one day it goes. The mental bit i can cope with its the physical symptoms i have a problem with 😣
    • Posted

Yes rich it does help a lot to talk about it especially to people who understand and have gone threw it there selves I think we need to all help each other on the road to recovery.... Our brains are so powerful it's unbelievable you believe something that much it becomes real u need to distract yourself....when you think oh no something is wrong distract yourself put a favourite song on or play candy crush x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.