Anxiety in the morning

Posted , 14 users are following.

My anxiety is absolutely horrible in the morning. The minute I open my eyes I feel sick with anxiety. I hate this!!!

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yep me too. I find it rhe hardest part of the day.I cry sometimes as I am so fed up with it every dam day starting the same. Just a rubbish way to start a day eh.Then I just think rite woman het up and get on with the day. When I get started with the day it does decrease What does everybody else do to get through it. Any tips what works for you ? X
  • Posted

Anxiety sucks Leah but dont let it know your scared it thrives off fear it will take over your life if you let it.

There is a danger switch in out head and people with anxiety constantly think they are in danger which leads to anxiety. The fight or flight is really only flight

You have to learn how to cope with it consider CBT

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Hi everyone, my anxiety in the morning is awful. I used to wake up 3 and 4 times a night with it pacing the floor in panic, but thankfully that doesn't happen anymore. So I have definitely improved, which is great. But it often seems like such an uphill battle. I am so blooming tired. I wish I could just get up in the morning and not have to struggle with everything, every thought and every task. It's true though don't give up, keep on going. Make a list and if there is only one thing on it and you manage to do it, you have accomplished something for that day. Don't be too hard on yourself. This is hard but we are getting up every day and trying our best.... and that is something to be proud of. Good luck. I wish you all well. cheesygrin
  • Posted

Same,its like you wake up in the middle of a panic attack from no where,then will be sick like all day
  • Posted

I'm the same way. As soon as my eyes open my heart is already palpitating. Funny thing is is it doesn't do it as bad at night or late evening. I have yet to understand it.
  • Posted

Me too. Mornings are the worst and never as bad at evenings or bed time. I too am yet to understand it ! Looks like it's just part of the anxiety package ! Stay strong and keep going everyone x
  • Posted

I feel the same way! I have depression and anxiety... I started having panic attacks about 2 1/2 years ago. Off and on but not always. It's scary! I'm always tresses out (dealing with a husband who is an alcoholic) doesn't help! I feel like I have nobody that understands. Everyday I live in fear of my anxiety and the symptoms (so many symptoms btw) and nobody listens or understands. I can't be around people and say how I feel cause they look at me like I'm wanting attention. We that suffer from these horrible diseases don't show signs of anything wrong because it's mentally... And it's very hard! I'm at the point of giving up. I'm sad all the time and feel bad for my kids. I try my hardest to be the best mom but sometimes it's hard. My family isn't any help either so I feel like I have nobody. Right now I have a pain on my left side and it's making me feel weak and out of breath... And my bowels are abnormal but have been for years but my mind tells me somethings wrong and of course we think the worse. I don't wish this upon anybody! It's horrible . The thing that helps is prayer and reading my bible. And seeing others go through what I go through helps me to know I am not crazy. So I'll will pray for all of you ... It's very hard
  • Posted

Hi Leah,

Fear of the unknown is what's making you experience all those symptoms you described. It;s like being afraind of the "Boggy man". The symptoms you have described all self corrective on their own. Build up your self esteem and remind yourself you are much stronger than you feel. Usually, feeling guilt, stress and depressed triggers morning anxiety...cold sweatsm clamy hands, gitters, dizzy, fast heart beat and inability to focus or concentrate are just symptoms not an illness per say. Once you educate yoursel how it works and why you experiencing them you will start the path to recovery. there is a self help book by Dr. weaks and Australian doctor who dedicated her carrer to anxiety and panic disorders. 

Go on line and get. Good luckrazz

• Posted

Hey Leah and everyone. I am just the same. Mornings definitely the worst. V often throw up before work my anxiety so bad. Great way to start the day!!  So now I try to fight it. I have a picture on the wall I can see from my bed that says 'today I choose joy' I think about that and think. If I am going to die of some terrible disease tomorrow then f it I am going to try to enjoy today. I then get straight out of bed (lying in bed with your thoughts worse thing to do I think!) I put the radio on loud and get in the shower and sing along - maybe even a little dance.

im not gonna lie. Still feel pretty crap through parts of the days but you can not give in to it. Keep fighting. Try and start your day well. Part of your brain still knows you are being ridiculous with all your fears and that's the part I try to hold on to. Try to distract yourself by laughing out loud at work. Invite friends over even though you want to be alone worrying.

good luck to all of you. I send you my love and positive energy xxx

• Posted

I have been sick to in the morning too. Sort of feel better after but it's exhausting ! Looking like we are all going through the same z
  • Posted

Wow it's kind of a nice feeling knowing that I'm not the only one going through this.... I'm sorry to hear you're struggling I know it sucks and it's the worst feeling in the world to wake up and to be filled with anxiety, fear and dread... Believe me I know I do it everyday, it's so hard for me to get out the door in the morning without just wanting to curl up in a ball. We just need to take it day by day and just keep reminding outselves that it's just a feeling our anxiety brings upon us , try not to give it too much space in your head and just keep moving forward. That's all we can do really. Good luck!
    • Posted

Thanks for your encouraging words!! It definitely is tough, but fighting thru it is all we can do along with venting to each other, meds if need be and therapy. I hope you are feeling better today!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.