Anxiety, inner ear disorder, headaches

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have been dealing with what I thought was labyrinthitis for 4 long months, I went to an ENT yesterday and he looked in my ears and told me it's not lab. I don't know what else it can be.. now I'm extremely scared. I'm thinking that it's something a lot worse, or that I'm going to have to deal with this for the rest of my life. It makes my anxiety go crazy, I don't know what to do. My symptoms vary

Dizziness (the rooms not moving, it feels like my brain is)

Head pressure

Headaches (but never severe more like pressure or sinus pressure)

Anxiety (worse at night)

Sleep problems (like last night, I had these weird sensations of a full head with pressure, heart rate was 50s-60s it was difficult to keep my eyes open and my body felt numb)

Tinnitus in my left ear (gets worse with anxiety)

Agitation (at everything that's going on, then it will turn into crying spells because I hate feeling this way)

My left arm goes numb every night (maybe because of how I lay)

Ear pains once in a while

Heart rate varies and is usually over 100

The weather has been windy here and I wonder if that has anything to do with how it's effecting me, because I have sinus problems (I think)

Does anyone else feel this way? What could this be? My anxiety has been manifesting in so many different ways, and I'm scared that my body is falling apart and that I'm dying. Please help sad

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Im having issues with my ear too 😟 Horrible. This while thing with ailments and anxiety its hard. You are not alone. I already have eye issues. I dint knnow where yiu live, im in the coast in the us and people are all getting sick. Something is going around big time. I was going to get a flu shot this weekend but now i will out it off a bit.  I do so understand abiut bidy falling apart but this wont kill us..this is what i hate suffereing. Suffering is a terrible thing.  We have to keep praying our bodies heal this up. 

Im getting bouts of anxiety too. Maybe that the disorder doing it telling ourselves we wont heal up. I dont know. 

• Posted

Just saw this a year old lol. Sorry
    • Posted

I agree Lisa. I think if we can find some ways to deal with the anxiety piece, it will allow us to focus on any physicial symptoms that arent emotionally driven.

I know I get headaches and ear pain and neck pain, those are ALL real things I feel. The question is how much of that is caused by all the stress ive put myself through. Im trying to get some counseling, deep breathing, massage, even xanax sometimes etc. everyone finds relief differently, has anything worked for you?

• Posted

My issue is with ailments that trigger anxiety. the ailment is there but like you said why does it effect me so strongly. The anxiety can be a beast. I want ti be calm. For me i have always loved books..audiobooks, podcast  i try to keep learning all different things. The most calming things i have come across recently for me is mindfull breathing  exercises when needed and i believe the body knows how to heal and im its way so im trying to figure out how to get out of my own way haha. I want my ailments to heal. I dont care what science says they know so little sometimes. Some stuff they figured out but so much they havent. Im not really helping you here cause im not sure what i do..i think im spiritual but not in the religous way although being honest here, i do believe in arch angels and angels and i do pray. Id be lieing if i said otherwise. And yes i use the occasional xanax myself. 

I think this all hard at times. I try to figure the lesson in it..i do. Is it i need to learn something? I dont fully get it.i dont understand  how science hasnt figured it out either at least more so then they have. 

• Posted

Yes, for me- I'll have a bad day with my eyes and then the anxiety kicks in. I start thinking- is this ever going away?!!? Will I always have this?

I relate to so much of what youre going through. This is my first time on this forum, I think we can all learn a lot from eachother smile

Here if you need me!

Allie

• Posted

Hi Lockerby.

I wanted to respond to your post because I have been experiencing - near enough - the exact same things as you.

For me, the dizziness (feeling like being on a boat, or feeling of movement/spinning when eyes are closed,) headaches and earaches all began when I caught a virus early this year. That was nine months ago and it has not gone away.

Like you I get the feeling of depersonalisation when my anxiety peaks or if I am around people. I question everything and convince myself further that there is something wrong with my brain.

I wanted to share my experience with you to see if it helps ease you - even slightly.

Firstly, May this year I was convinced I was very sick and was going to die - while I am not UNconvinced that this is not the case - I am still here smile

I have visited my DR/spoken with my DR at least six times - I have also visited other DRs too. While they don't discount that I may have an issue with my ears (such as fluid,) the resounding feedback was anxiety.

I've had an eye test at the end of May and was given the all clear...I am having a second test soon to double check. Maybe this is something you could consider to help you, as opticians can pick up many things via a simple eye test and it may help calm you.

I've had awful headaches, one that went on for a week. I visited my DR and the next day it magically disappeared...there has to be something in that.

My dizziness is currently worse than I feel it has been - but other than that I seem to be okay.

My point really was that if you were ill, by now you would most likely know and would probably be in hospital.

Anxiety can attach onto things and make it seem as if it continues. I am sure if you were given vast tests and he all clear - the knowledge of this would make your symptoms disappear.

Also... Don't google anything. Just come here.

Google makes things worse.

• Posted

Hello Sillymop.  I was very interested reading your latest post.  I suffer with health anxiety and although my panic attacks are under control, thanks to 10mg Citalopram, I still get very anxious particularly when I feel "under the weather",  I have the floaty feeling, like being on a boat, and very "off balance" and when this happens it sends my anxiety into overdrive !!!! Its a viscious circle isn't it ? By the way, I am the "wrong side of sixty" !!!!Luv Lily xx

• Posted

Hi Lily! It is very anxiety provoking you are right!!

Also there is no wrong side of sixty!! Xxx smile

• Posted

This by far is shocking to me... that others are experiencing exactly what I'm going through. My left ear is started hurting a few days ago, but since June I've been having anxiety attacks for no reason. I can't sleep without ambien. Lately I've been experiencing numbness on the left side of my face, and left side of my arm. I kept thinking I'm dying and have had 3 ekg's that assure me I'm not. Anxiety is new for me and I can't seem to understand what is causing it in the first place. But yet all they keep

Telling me is its anxiety. I'm exhausted. It's consuming me, and consuming my family. It's embarrassing and I don't know what is going to trigger it. Has anyone had any other diagnosis besides anxiety?

• Posted

Hi - we promise, you're not alone! While everyone has a combination of symptoms, for

Me a few things helped.

First was reducing the immense stress I was inadvertently putting myself through. The headaches I was experiencing were mainly due to tension in my neck and eye strain (I sit at a computer all day) I was prescribed a muscle relaxer (flexeril) that was a miracle worker for me - a small dose only at night (helps me sleep too) I use a heating pad when my left side of my face/ear hurts which I contribute to clenching during the day and grinding my teeth at night. I do exercises for relaxing cheek and jaw muscles and that has helped too!! Just google it and you'll find them.

Some people are against medication and prefer natural remedies- yoga or deep breathing even acupuncture. I've tried those and it worked ok but I also was prescribed a small dose of Valium daily and considering lexapro as a longer term solution. Everybody is different and sometimes it's just figuring out what works for you. But if you've gotten checked out and the heart stuff is ok, then it's definitely anxiety related. I hope some of this helps- even just knowing there's a bunch of us out there going through the same thing!

• Posted

Yes it helps to know I'm not alone. I feel as if I'm a walking pharmacy and no one gets to the root of the problem. I'm on tenormin (blood pressure), xanax 1's 3 times a day, robaxin( muscle relaxer) 3 times a day, neurontin every 10 hours, and ambien 10mg, every night. No offense to anyone, I'm not an illegal drug user.... but I read about medical marijuana and it seems better than all the prescriptions I'm taking now. I work for a school, so I can't even take half of these medicines I'm prescribed and then I have kids at home. I'm beyond frustrated and it seems like every day is just an endless cycle. Thanks for all these posts, cause a simple response from family members is that it's all in my head. And I know exactly how I feel. So thanks!!!

• Posted

I know it’s veen a while so I’m hoping you still check this- need some hope.. did your symptoms go away? Did u figure out what was wrong.. I’m feeling the exact same way for 10 weeks.

Hope to hear from u.

Thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.